College Football >>>>>>>>>>>>Pro Football | The Boneyard

College Football >>>>>>>>>>>>Pro Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but you can take the great athleticism and the predictability of Sunday games and flush that down the toilet. Today has been a freakin amazing day for college football. Miss St, Ole Miss, Northwestern, TCU...what a day!

Reaction Score
Failed to mention Arizona on Thursday and Utah St last night. What a great 72 hours. BTW, my Royals are looking good too

Reaction Score
It's definitely exciting at times, though, did you post this after the Denver - Seahawks game a couple Sundays ago?

The actual quality of play is awful in college.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's definitely exciting at times, though, did you post this after the Denver - Seahawks game a couple Sundays ago?

The actual quality of play is awful in college.

Yeah and Denver and Seattle will both be in the playoffs and their game won't matter.

By the standard that the play is worse college basketball should have been shut down years ago. The gap from CBB to NBA > FBS to NFL.

Reaction Score
The quality is poor, that is why it is a shame that the P5 is breaking away to not be exposed to the G5 and lower that can compete with them. What makes it great is how the underdogs can pull it out and win some glory for their school.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but you can take the great athleticism and the predictability of Sunday games and flush that down the toilet. Today has been a freakin amazing day for college football. Miss St, Ole Miss, Northwestern, TCU...what a day!

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, by the time the P5 is done, Saturdays and Sundays might look similar.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah a lot of NFL games end like ASU and USC.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
...and ASU in a barn burner topples USC...

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
was kind of nice to enjoy a slate of great games w/out being pissed, sad, or bewildered over a UConn result. In recent seasons I tend to watch UConn and then turn it off for the weekend.

Reaction Score
The only advantages College have over the NFL are :

1. Labratory for the game: The most innovative, interesting, fresh ideas flow through the college game. Also, the dumbest, funniest, stupidest ideas. So its a great place to watch the game evolve.
2. Many of the players are very bad/innefficient: So, things like Hail Mary's happen more because USCw played that like a bunch of high school kids.

Its similar to the college bball vs NBA argument. If you are someone who likes to watch less skilled players making more mistakes in an interesting way, its a better fit for you. If you like to watch better football, NFL is your game.

Basically, if you like shiny new things and car crashes and watching that video of the guys leg break break in HD on repeat, college football is the choice. If you actually are a fan of the game, NFL is much better.

**disclaimer** some portion of the above is a joke, but not most of it.

Reaction Score
IMO the unpredictable nature of the college game makes it infinitely more exciting to me than the NFL. I can sit down and watch a game featuring two teams of which I have no connection, and thoroughly enjoy it from start to finish. I can barely watch a quarter of an NFL game that does not feature my team w/o scanning the guide. When it comes to our own teams, many of us live and die with the results on the field because of the strong emotional attachments we form with the names on the front of the jerseys. We have all felt the elation of a win, and the crushing feeling after a loss. When my NFL Team wins, I'm happy, but I don't have anywhere near the feeling I get when my school wins. Losses are much of the same.

Reaction Score
To me it's obviously not about the level of play. It's about the passion. The excitement. The tradition. You just do t get any of that in the NFL. Personally I can't get emotionally invested in a team filled with millionaires who are playing for paychecks. You're rooting for the laundry. I have no personal connection to any pro teams at all.

Reaction Score
To me it's obviously not about the level of play. It's about the passion. The excitement. The tradition. You just do t get any of that in the NFL. Personally I can't get emotionally invested in a team filled with millionaires who are playing for paychecks. You're rooting for the laundry. I have no personal connection to any pro teams at all.

Well said and spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate