19. Wake Forest
20. Cincinnati
21. Memphis
22. Boise State
23. Oklahoma State
24. Navy
25. SMU

Reaction Score
The best part of that is the top 1 will play 4 and 2 will play 3 in the next couple weeks. Clemson's SOS is catching up to them now

Reaction Score
The best part of that is the top 1 will play 4 and 2 will play 3 in the next couple weeks. Clemson's SOS is catching up to them now
I mean not really. If they win out they're going to be in. If they lose they won't. There is no way the committee leaves out an undefeated defending national champion. Pretty simple. I'd much rather be Clemson than Georgia or any of the top SEC teams for that matter.

Reaction Score
I mean not really. If they win out they're going to be in. If they lose they won't. There is no way the committee leaves out an undefeated defending national champion. Pretty simple. I'd much rather be Clemson than Georgia or any of the top SEC teams for that matter.
Unless OSU loses a close game vs Penn State and LSU loses a close one against Bama. If they win the rest of their games that would be the top 4.

Reaction Score
If LSU beats bama I fully expect the committee to make some excuse as to why they remain in the top 4. The only way I see Clemson getting in as of right now is if both PSU and LSU lose to OSU and Bama respectively

Reaction Score
If LSU beats bama I fully expect the committee to make some excuse as to why they remain in the top 4. The only way I see Clemson getting in as of right now is if both PSU and LSU lose to OSU and Bama respectively
Agree to disagree :) I just cant imagine an undefeated Clemson not getting in. Not that I think they're deserving. Their schedule is pathetic.

Reaction Score
Unless OSU loses a close game vs Penn State and LSU loses a close one against Bama. If they win the rest of their games that would be the top 4.
If Bama loses to LSU, they're out and Clemson's in.

Reaction Score
More than a few schools and neutral and partial fans alike will root for NC State, Wake and/or USC to knock off Clemson.

With most schools still scheduled to play 3 regular season games and some qualifying for league championships, the entire apple cart remains very much in play for several schools.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
B1G - 6 teams
SEC - 5
AAC - 4
B12 - 4
ACC - 2
P12 - 2
MWC - 1
Ind - 1

Reaction Score
Agree to disagree :) I just cant imagine an undefeated Clemson not getting in. Not that I think they're deserving. Their schedule is pathetic.
We should hope an undefeated Clemson doesn't get it over a 1 loss SEC or B1G team. Because then the cry for 8 teams will be even louder.

Reaction Score
If the National Champion from last year ends up undefeated, they definitely get in. Question is who gets squeezed out?

Reaction Score
If the National Champion from last year ends up undefeated, they definitely get in. Question is who gets squeezed out?
LSU and Alabama play and so do Ohio State and Penn State. So 2 of the top 4 have guaranteed losses. So it basically doesn't matter.

Reaction Score
LSU and Alabama play and so do Ohio State and Penn State. So 2 of the top 4 have guaranteed losses. So it basically doesn't matter.
If I'm right, Alabama and Penn State are the losers. So LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, and ???

I think there is a good chance Minnesota beats Penn State on Saturday. I also think it's possible that Minnesota runs the table. How far do they move up and does an undefeated Minnesota at 6 or 7 beat out a one loss Alabama, Penn State, Georgia or Utah which I think beats Oregon.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If only Cincinnati would be able to defeat Ohio State...

4 AAC teams and 2 ACC teams in the top 25. Impressive.
I’d put the AAC West up against the ACC Coastal any day.

Reaction Score
If I'm right, Alabama and Penn State are the losers. So LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, and ???

I think there is a good chance Minnesota beats Penn State on Saturday. I also think it's possible that Minnesota runs the table. How far do they move up and does an undefeated Minnesota at 6 or 7 beat out a one loss Alabama, Penn State, Georgia or Utah which I think beats Oregon.
That assumes then that they beat OSU in the B1G championship, so in that scenario I think they are in without a doubt. They'd have two big wins that would be tough to match. Don't see it happening though.

Reaction Score
That assumes then that they beat OSU in the B1G championship, so in that scenario I think they are in without a doubt. They'd have two big wins that would be tough to match. Don't see it happening though.
Minnesota is a very, very good football team.

Reaction Score
So here is the problem and why attendance is falling across college football. There are 50-60 games this week. Only maybe 2 matter. If Clemson loses they are out most likely. The top 4 can lose but retain a shot by winning out so their games don’t count. There might be another one. But virtually everybody is eliminated and there are still multiple games to go. Why would anyone spend money to see teams play for pride?

This system will eventually destroy college football.

Reaction Score
So here is the problem and why attendance is falling across college football. There are 50-60 games this week. Only maybe 2 matter. If Clemson loses they are out most likely. The top 4 can lose but retain a shot by winning out so their games don’t count. There might be another one. But virtually everybody is eliminated and there are still multiple games to go. Why would anyone spend money to see teams play for pride?

This system will eventually destroy college football.
I see what you're saying. But there are a lot of fans at the big schools that like going to see their team play regardless of ranking and chance at a playoff spot. I mean ECU was averaging over 50k at home games on C-USA. I would say attendance is falling more so that people are watching games on tv more and more now that every conference is getting their own network.

Reaction Score
Minnesota is a very, very good football team.

3 Point wins over Fresno State and Georgia Southern would tell me otherwise. We are going to find out a lot about them over the next four weeks.

Reaction Score
3 Point wins over Fresno State and Georgia Southern would tell me otherwise. We are going to find out a lot about them over the next four weeks.
Other than 5-4 Illinois, FCS South Dakota State, .500 Fresno St, and 5-3 GA Southern with a few upset wins and losses alike, the rest of Minnesota’s other wins were against average to bad teams with losing records (Nebraska, Purdue, MD, and Rutgals). At this point, was the U’s most impressive win over 5-3 GA Southern?

Somehow, Ped State, Iowa, Wisconsin, and even bad Northwestern may undermine premature assertions the Golden Gophers are a great team. Finishing 9-3 before a bowl game appears quite possible. Still, a great year for Minnesota.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
November 12

1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Georgia
5. Alabama
6. Oregon
7. Utah
8. Minnesota
9. Penn State
10. Oklahoma
11. Florida
12. Auburn
13. Baylor
14. Wisconsin
15. Michigan
16. Notre Dame
17. Cincinnati
18. Memphis
19. Texas
20. Iowa
21. Boise State
22. Oklahoma State
23. Navy
24. Kansas State
25. App State

Reaction Score
CFP Top 25 by conference (11/12)

Big Ten: 6
Big 12: 5
SEC: 5
AAC: 3
PAC 12: 2
ACC: 1
IND: 1
MW: 1
Sun Belt: 1

Reaction Score
Even before Minnesota with a single solid win plays a bad Northwestern team and pretty good Wisky, 3-loss Iowa may have just knocked the U out of BCS contention.
Oops Goophers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99