OT - college football player on-field behavior | The Boneyard

OT - college football player on-field behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
OK - every once in a while a women's basketball player might do a little chest thumping - usually for good reason.

Why every college football player thinks the tackle / sack / interception / etc. that they just made (sometimes in the first half, no less) is the greatest play since the game was invented is beyond me.

So what happened last night - Arizona was stopped on a 3rd and goal against #2 Oregon late in the 4th quarter with the score tied. So the Oregon player that made the stop felt himself called to trot to the center of the field and take a bow to the assembled stadium. Um, unsportsmanlike conduct, automatic first down, soon a touchdown - and Oregon won't be #2 next week.

It is my pet peeve - and yes, Arizona players do it too, I'm not picking on Oregon, just saying what can happen . . .

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
OK - every once in a while a women's basketball player might do a little chest thumping - usually for good reason.

Why every college football player thinks the tackle / sack / interception / etc. that they just made (sometimes in the first half, no less) is the greatest play since the game was invented is beyond me.

So what happened last night - Arizona was stopped on a 3rd and goal against #2 Oregon late in the 4th quarter with the score tied. So the Oregon player that made the stop felt himself called to trot to the center of the field and take a bow to the assembled stadium. Um, unsportsmanlike conduct, automatic first down, soon a touchdown - and Oregon won't be #2 next week.

It is my pet peeve - and yes, Arizona players do it too, I'm not picking on Oregon, just saying what can happen . . .

That's what happens when the only thing someone has going for them is the ability to play a sport. I love my sports and I love to win, but there has to be more to a young person's life than just that sport. Good grades, graduation, career, interpersonal relationships, etc. should be important as well.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Cock... I disagree! Football is very energy-driven and after a great/good play these guys forget where they are. Who know if the coaches been yelling at him the whole game etc. I say keep in mind these guys/gals are young and at times immature. Some of us who are 50, 60, 70 yrs old, at times do silly stuff.

Hopefully its a lesson learned... that situation will follow him for the rest of his life but how huge will the impact be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom