College Football News - UConn 2021 Preview | The Boneyard

College Football News - UConn 2021 Preview

Reaction Score
Really pretty spot on for the level of detail they can realistically cover in an article like this.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
An interesting take.

Must win: 2 FCS Games, @UMass
Could have a chance: MTSU, Wyoming, Houston, @Army
No chance: @Fresno, Purdue, @Vandy, @Clemson, @UCF

Basically says there needs to be 1 win in the "Could have a chance" group - i agree. They bet on Houston, which is as good a chance as any of them, with hope for improvement throughout the year.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Welp, that was a depressing and sobering read. Strike that. It was a depressing and reason not to be sober read.

Reaction Score
Who is Pete Fiutak anyways????? I started to thank him in Twitter world for the bulletin board material, but he's not worth it. might make him famous with the extra publicity. He doesn't deserve my energy though. I'll just thank him here for it.

@huskymedic - can you make sure this one gets pinned please?

Reaction Score
Welp, that was a depressing and sobering read. Strike that. It was a depressing and reason not to be sober read.
Yeah but we all knew. Except the guy who thinks that 7 wins is possible.

Reaction Score
There's nothing to be depressed about in that article because there is nothing there. I can write a better analysis with one sentence:

- They will be significantly improved if they get good QB play.

and there is some hope in that department. We did in fact have a true freshman QB, 6 months removed from Canadian high school who threw for over 400 yards vs ECU, and I understand he is competing for the job and may not win it, but none of the other QB candidates have done anything on a college football field more promising than what I just wrote so until they do this is what gives me the most hope.

No mention of the promising TE Medlock in that article, or the somewhat hyped RB Nathan Carter. (we have some really promising young players at the skilled positions on offense) No mention of Travis Jones as a legit draft prospect. No mention of what a year and a half weight lifting and film study might mean to the team. Hopefully the coaching staff that was thrown together in 2019 will be much better from examining their own performance in 2019. Coaching continuity is a good thing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He has Sydney walker as one of our top players??? Has he even taken a snap? I don’t think this Pete guy did much research..
Also just looked at the updated roster. This Pete guy says there’s not a lot of size up front on the oline?? With Van Demark, lundt and Senn that 3 guys at 6’7 over 300 pounds.. Niedrowski at RG is also over 300. I dont think he did any research on our team at all..

Reaction Score
There's nothing to be depressed about in that article because there is nothing there. I can write a better analysis with one sentence:

- They will be significantly improved if they get good QB play.

and there is some hope in that department. We did in fact have a true freshman QB, 6 months removed from Canadian high school who threw for over 400 yards vs ECU, and I understand he is competing for the job and may not win it, but none of the other QB candidates have done anything on a college football field more promising than what I just wrote so until they do this is what gives me the most hope.

No mention of the promising TE Medlock in that article, or the somewhat hyped RB Nathan Carter. (we have some really promising young players at the skilled positions on offense) No mention of Travis Jones as a legit draft prospect. No mention of what a year and a half weight lifting and film study might mean to the team. Hopefully the coaching staff that was thrown together in 2019 will be much better from examining their own performance in 2019. Coaching continuity is a good thing.
Steven Krajewski with 280 and 3 tds with a broken collar bone? Let someone from a big market team play a game with a broken collarbone it’d be all ove ESPN

Reaction Score
Also just looked at the updated roster. This Pete guy says there’s not a lot of size up front on the oline?? With Van Demark, lundt and Senn that 3 guys at 6’7 over 300 pounds.. Niedrowski at RG is also over 300. I dont think he did any research on our team at all..
He also called the 2019 OL a very young group. :confused:

Reaction Score
Point made Lawrence plays with a bruised shoulder and makes headlines our qb plays with a broken collar biker and barely a mention on local news

Attachments

• 27BC20D1-EDFA-4497-BB0B-C1836A82B250.jpeg
    27BC20D1-EDFA-4497-BB0B-C1836A82B250.jpeg
    968 KB · Views: 114

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Yeah but we all knew. Except the guy who thinks that 7 wins is possible.
That’s me!!

For the record I don’t actually think its possible. And I’m pretty well known as maybe the biggest Edsall hater on here. Guy is a clown.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom