College football Annuals 2017 hitting the stands... | The Boneyard

College football Annuals 2017 hitting the stands...

Reaction Score
Street & Smith's was first up with last Friday's delivery.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I bought the first two I could find ... Street & Smith's and Athlon's Big 12 edition. Waiting for Phil Steele.

Street & Smith's has us in fifth place, ahead of Cincinnati. Athlon has us in fifth place, ahead of ECU.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No doubt.

Just like the last 5 years! They are ALWAYS wrong!

Not surprised Palatine can make a decision about an opinion before he is even exposed to it. Piling on that train seems like a great idea - but ymmv.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I can't buy those mags any more. They're so generic and outdated.

So, I pick them up at the magazine rack, look at some UConn stuff and put them back.

Reaction Score
Just like the last 5 years! They are ALWAYS wrong!

Not surprised Palatine can make a decision about an opinion before he is even exposed to it. Piling on that train seems like a great idea - but ymmv.

The difference is our OC.

We have always had the talent for much better records but not the coaching to take advantage.

How much we beat 6-6? Put you money where your opinion is. I'll take 7-5 or better. You take 5-7 or worse. 6-6 is a push. We see who is right. And who doesn't now what they re talking about. Show a little courage.

Reaction Score
Posts from 2012-2016.
You don't see the difference in our coaching staff? Lashlee is Joe Moorehead squared and this time Edsall is hands off. We will be one of the true surprises in the country. I know it pains you to believe it but Palatine is absolutely right on this issue. Just wait till you see this team hit the field. Don't blink, you'll miss a lot of action.
P. S. I think Pal is a pessimist!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The difference is our OC.

We have always had the talent for much better records but not the coaching to take advantage.

How much we beat 6-6? Put you money where your opinion is. I'll take 7-5 or better. You take 5-7 or worse. 6-6 is a push. We see who is right. And who doesn't now what they re talking about. Show a little courage.

You aren't allowed to make bets here but I'm pretty sure calling 6-6 a push isn't exactly a show of courage.

Since I love Edsall (Past Apologista President) and UConn I'm not really interested in betting against them.

You've proven for years you have no idea what you are talking about and I've proven that I was right... let's say a lot - so take your tough guy act elsewhere.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You don't see the difference in our coaching staff? Lashlee is Joe Moorehead squared and this time Edsall is hands off. We will be one of the true surprises in the country. I know it pains you to believe it but Palatine is absolutely right on this issue. Just wait till you see this team hit the field. Don't blink, you'll miss a lot of action.
P. S. I think Pal is a pessimist!

Of course I see the difference in coaching. I also see that the last coach couldn't have been successful recruiting in the CAA.

You can't fix a broken program overnight. I remember those crazy days where pointing out Diaco an was inept mess meant you were ruining the Boneyard.

How exactly do you define 'surprise'. They are going to win the division? Win 8 games? Based on you saying it? Do we really need to go through your years of saying this prior to dismal seasons?

I don't suspect this season will be dismal but come on - some realistic expectations will do everyone some good.

Reaction Score
Of course I see the difference in coaching. I also see that the last coach couldn't have been successful recruiting in the CAA.

You can't fix a broken program overnight. I remember those crazy days where pointing out Diaco an was inept mess meant you were ruining the Boneyard.

How exactly do you define 'surprise'. They are going to win the division? Win 8 games? Based on you saying it? Do we really need to go through your years of saying this prior to dismal seasons?

I don't suspect this season will be dismal but come on - some realistic expectations will do everyone some good.

I agree...

I'm at the point where I don't even care about wins and losses, how about we just play a solid football game where I don't want to throw things at the TV due to any one of the following:

- Calling fair catch with not a single opponent within 10 yards
- Can't complete a pass over 20 yards, over 15 yards....over 10 yards
- Run, Run, Incomplete pass, Punt
- Offense calling timeout because the play didn't get into the huddle in time
- Missed tackles
- Safety confusion leading to a TD
- Offensive Line getting pushed around

I could go on but i think the point is there

(of course wins won't hurt either....)

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I don't know why we buy them. After years of reading them and observing UConn football, every one of us could write the five paragraph blurb on the Huskies for them. We know exactly what they're going to say.

Reaction Score
I agree...

I'm at the point where I don't even care about wins and losses, how about we just play a solid football game where I don't want to throw things at the TV due to any one of the following:

- Calling fair catch with not a single opponent within 10 yards
- Can't complete a pass over 20 yards, over 15 yards....over 10 yards
- Run, Run, Incomplete pass, Punt
- Offense calling timeout because the play didn't get into the huddle in time
- Missed tackles
- Safety confusion leading to a TD
- Offensive Line getting pushed around

I could go on but i think the point is there

(of course wins won't hurt either....)
My perfect season would be bowl eligible with a matchup with Nebraska and we win on the final play which is the old fake fake field goal!

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
My perfect season would be bowl eligible with a matchup with Nebraska and we win on the final play which is the old fake fake field goal!
I'd wear red pants if it meant going bowling this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom