College Conference Game of Thrones | The Boneyard

College Conference Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
<Disclaimer: I'm bored, rambling, and have nothing of value to add to the situation at hand. Skip this post if you are normal.>

This is some Machiavellian going down right now, 'Game of Thrones' style.

The Old King dies. RIP Dave Gavitt.

Sneak attack by the ACC. Leaves the B10 sitting on its hands. A hard chess move right there.

Powerful Pitt/SU BB coaches left in the dark, necessary for stealth, yet creating possible internal friction.

Remaining Big East football schools caught with their pants down. Now Frantic. But mostly at the mercy of others.

Remaining Big East basketball schools are like lamb to slaughter. Nothing but resignation.

One final hard (completely unintended) stab in UConn side courtesy of Hathaway's rusty blade?

Or will the final outcome cement Susan Herbst as Queen of CT, crowning her in glory and solidifying her legacy in a record short few months in office, with Hathaway simply buried in an unmarked forgotten grave in the backwoods of CT? Does Herbst have that kind of power move in her?

What of the SEC? Do they strike first and leave the Big10 with the scraps?

Does the ACC remain on the offensive, their intentions now made known?

Texas remains the biggest most powerful player in the game. Do they wait, remain pat with their ever open Pac10 invite neslted comfortably in their back pocket? Or do they strike an aggressive move Mid West...or (gulp) East?

And ND? Will they finally pick a side? The falling of dominoes could hinge on this dominant independent's decision.

Does the game unfold at a break neck pace? Or will it be a long drawn out affair?

So many players, so much yet to be played. Winter is coming.

Reaction Score
Not really moving me much. I've got a falloutshelter/mancave. A friend will call when the uber fascinating high roller craps games end for the decade. Really a disservice, chasing money like whores with no history.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Not really moving me much. I've got a falloutshelter/mancave. A friend will call when the uber fascinating high roller craps games end for the decade. Really a disservice, chasing money like whores with no history.

Dude, I feel you. I LOVE(D?) the Big East. I love the BET. I've been a staunch fan of BE basketball since I was a little kid (35 now). I'm depressed about this. Don't mistake this post for excitement. More observational than anything. I just think this whole thing is crazy.

What are the Louisville sentiments at this stage of the game? Neither of us is in a great spot.

Reaction Score
"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die."

UConn is trying survive -- my gut tells me they will be ok, though -- and UConn just makes sense for the ACC (east coast school, good academics, great basketball, rising football, great soccer). I think Syracuse and Pitt were the first two to get really aggressive about this and this put UConn behind a bit. Hopefully they can catch up.

Reaction Score
Winter is coming...

imminentned.jpg

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Amen about winter is coming!
All of the "records" of a defunct or watered-down Big East will have very little meaning. The magical 5-game in 5-days run against 4 other ranked teams...noone will care. Records for Big East regular season and tourney championships...noone will care.
Only conference with 3 of the 4 final teams in one season...becomes insignificant. makes me hate the greed of college football

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
"skip this post if you are normal"

lol

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Amen about winter is coming!
All of the "records" of a defunct or watered-down Big East will have very little meaning. The magical 5-game in 5-days run against 4 other ranked teams...noone will care. Records for Big East regular season and tourney championships...noone will care.
Only conference with 3 of the 4 final teams in one season...becomes insignificant. makes me hate the greed of college football

Honestly, I hadn't even really thought about that. All our good works...

Thank god we have 3 National Championships. Can't take away that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom