College BBall 11/17 - Gameday vs. UNH | The Boneyard

College BBall 11/17 - Gameday vs. UNH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Notable games and goings on:
Most notablyest: #19 University of Connecticut Huskies VS. the University of New Hampshire
Final Score: 85-66
Random Thoughts:
- Hot 3-ball tonight! Love that, hopefully the multiple threats give defenses pause.
- It's clearly, so far, DHam's offense to run. Gibbs and all else defer to him when he's been in.
- Didn't know about the new rule on offensive fouls about no basket even if it leaves your hand first.
- Anybody notice that 3 that SCIII made he actually had his feet set and didn't unnecessarily fade away or
lean or anything?
- Front court was a mixed bag. Facey and Nolan were pretty good tonight. Some dumb fouls AB.
- Geno rings commercial was pretty great. Had that "This is Sportscenter" feel to it.
- Somebody tallying up how many DHam to AB connections there have been?
- I Like This Team!!!
- I feel like everyone that got in contributed something positive tonight. Even though Miller and AB weren't their best.
- Enoch did not get in. I'm in the camp that it's likely a result of some poor practices perhaps.
- DHam could've had 25 if not for fouls and unselfishness.
- UConn's best teams have always had vital contributions by it's seniors. Phil will be up and down all year, but I think we'll all be glad he's ours.
- Jalen is still looking a bit lost, I'd like to see him maybe playing off the ball a little more with Gibbs in the game.
- I know its soft competition but I'm really happy with Rodney so far.
- We're bound to get a triple-double out of DHam this year.
- UNH should contend in America East this year, no?
- @RichZ hope your granddaughter's feelings were spared? Where's your cutthroat UConn fan nature, sir?

Future UConn opponents: #3 Maryland beat Georgetown 75-71 (Tough start to the season for G-Town, glad they left Maryland for us), Ohio St. beat Grambling St. 80-53, Cuse beat St. Bonny 79-66 (Potential opponent anyway in Cuse), Furman beat App St. 79-70

Top 25 action tonight
: #2 UK beat #5 Duke 74-63 (Yawn), #11 Nova beat Nebraska 87-63, #18 Notre Dame beat Milwaukee 86-78, #4 KU facing #13 Mich St.

Our AAC chum(s): Tulsa beats #9 Wichita St. 77-67 (A big win for Tulsa! Hopefully we can whip their asses again this year), Memphis lost to #8 Oklahoma 84-78 (Woulda been a nice win for the AAC, the Sooners should be pretty good this year)

P5 Winners: Louisville beat Hartford (U-Ha has a player named Pancake Thomas, what the heck kind of name is Thomas anyway?), Wiscy, Pitt, Colorado beat Auburn 91-84 (Transfer Tyler Harris playing well for Pearl), Penn St. beat DePaul 68-62, FSU (XRM and the two freshman, Beasley and Bacon, are a seriously dangerous trifecta of guards it seems), Oregon St.

P5 Upsets: Bama lost to Dayton (Not really an upset), Xavier beat Mizzou (Same)

Other Notes: Leon Tolksdorf dnp in American's loss, Creighton still scoring points like crazy, Fordham won (Guys we recruited at one point or another: Nych Smith had 3 pts, 2 ast, 2 stl, Jahshire Hartnett dnp again), URI lost to Valpo (Kuran Iverson had 6 pts, 2 rbs. Waaa-waaa), UMass won

Time for some Call of Duty.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Your trying to get to that tcf level post to like ratio, huh?

Reaction Score
Your trying to get to that tcf level post to like ratio, huh?
Haha. Got a long ways to go for that. Lol. I figured I always like to review boxscores of interest to me anyway, so why not interject my own thoughts and maybe get some conversations going too. I'm making a concerted effort this year, for my own personal knowledge too, to really try and keep up on a lot of the other teams out there.

Reaction Score
I really like seeing SCIII playing and enjoying it. Althought he isn't obviously the quickest he's confident with the ball in hus hands and is an asset. Also happy Omar hit that 3 after missing the first couple, shooters need a short memory

Reaction Score
Haha. Got a long ways to go for that. Lol. I figured I always like to review boxscores of interest to me anyway, so why not interject my own thoughts and maybe get some conversations going too. I'm making a concerted effort this year, for my own personal knowledge too, to really try and keep up on a lot of the other teams out there.
Please keep it up - I love these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky