College Basketball on Christmas | The Boneyard

College Basketball on Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There’s Big Ten basketball today on Christmas Day. I wanna know: is this the first time Christmas Day has had College Basketball?

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Not sure, but what I know is that the Big Ten is legit this year. At least seven at-large bids this year w/ the come-up of Northwestern and Rutgers.

Iowa
Wisconsin
Michigan State
Illinois
Michigan
Ohio State
Rutgers
Northwestern (looking solid at this point)

possibles
Indiana
Purdue

Reaction Score
So much for the student athletes not being taken advantage of for the sake of $.

Reaction Score
If you couldn’t go home to see family and friends, would you rather hang out with the team on campus for the umteenth day, or play a game?
I get that this season brings a different routine for everyone but I would not be surprised if this sets the table for games every season on Christmas

Reaction Score
Teams are playing on Christmas this year. Our scheduling is not aggressive enough.

Sounds like Hurley tried and Big East teams bailed. Could have done OOC but probably don't want to risk it for COVID reasons and they play so many games in January as is (or at least scheduled games). Back to back years of very challenging January schedules.

Reaction Score
If you couldn’t go home to see family and friends, would you rather hang out with the team on campus for the umteenth day, or play a game?
Family came to campus to see the kids since they couldn't go home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104