College Basketball 2016-17 Discussion

Discussion in 'UConn Men's Basketball' started by tcf15, Nov 11, 2016.

1. CardiacAndre7

CardiacAndre7

Chris Clarke had a triple-double for Va Tech today

UConnStats likes this.
  2. BLUEDOGHOUSE

BLUEDOGHOUSE

I was listening to the Buzz W. post game interview and he loves both Clarke and Med Hill. Two great young players with quite a bit more upside. They will both take some lumps in a great hoops conference this year but next year both should contend for All-ACC. First team....

3. We need to join the Big East in basketball and go independent in football. Maybe ESPN can bid on the next Big East tv contract and get those games on the ESPN network. We have more natural rivalries with Nova and Georgetwn than Cinci and SMU. I know the typical homers are going to come out and tell us to keep waiting for 2025 when and if the Big 12 implodes.

ecasadoSBU and uconngb like this.
  4. elmcityboy

elmcityboy

Drew, huskyharry and King Husky like this.
  5. uconngb

uconngb

I agree w this. I can't imagine a universe where UConn football is ever consistently competitive. Let's not let it bring down hoops....give me the Big East all day long and I'll be thrilled and to hell w football.

6. 7774

Oh, you mean the people who actually have a clue.

uconnell and Matrim55 like this.
  7. UConnSwag11

UConnSwag11 Storrs, CT The Mecca

8. awfuldan

awfuldan

Looked for a second like Duke would lose that game. Pretty bummed they've pulled ahead.

9. Kemba'sYogurt

Kemba'sYogurt

THe dunk that was waved off by Allen in this game off an alley pop inbounds play was incredible. Kid can absolutely flop. I mean fly ;)

uconnell likes this.
  10. Kemba'sYogurt

Kemba'sYogurt

Sterling lil bro

11. Kemba'sYogurt

Kemba'sYogurt

UConn women playing OSU tonight

UConnSwag11 likes this.
  12. HooperScooper

HooperScooper

It's no wonder many people hate Duke.

Duke's home-court advantage may be better than any other in college basketball.

The Blue Devils and the Cameron Crazies make the environment one of the toughest places to play -- which certainly plays in favor for Duke.

Even the officiating crew, apparently, decided to play in favor of Duke against Tennessee State.

While driving in the lane, Duke's Grayson Allen flat-out missed a wide-open layup. And it was called as a foul on the floor, even with no contact made. Here's a closer look.

WATCH: Grayson Allen gets some home-cooking with this 'foul' call

13. huskyharry

huskyharry Hooyah

SMU is tearing up Stanford. Up by 29 at the half. AAC will be competitive this year.

14. Kemba'sYogurt

Kemba'sYogurt

Big blow for them as well as the conference

King Husky likes this.
  15. UConnStats

UConnStats

Eh, it's whatever. USF is going to be bad no matter what, and McMurray was a bit of a me-first chucker. He was very turnover prone and a horrible defender. It would be much worse to see a big blow to Temple, Houston or UCF IMO.

Unfortunate, but could be worse. At least we've gotten some significant good news tonight!

16. King Husky

King Husky

True. But in general it kinda sucks that USF in particular seems to lose their best players year after year. They get a couple decent recruits but they always end up leaving.

17. BLUEDOGHOUSE

BLUEDOGHOUSE

18. 203Hoops

203Hoops New Member

Big East top 6 combined records now 62-7, very impressive. #1, 3, 6, 7, 28, 43 RPIs, respectively.

ecasadoSBU likes this.
  19. 7774

Hopefully they can look back fondly on stats like that 40 years from now when every program in the conference is irrelevant.

20. BUConn10

BUConn10 Artist formerly known as BUHusky10

Do you really think this? Like you think all the schools in the Big East will be irrelevant in 40 years because of this fictional supposed NCAA split? If they will irrelevant then what will that make us?

21. 203Hoops

203Hoops New Member

Like the AAC is now? Ignorance is bliss I guess. The Big East will be fine.

22. 7774

We'll be irrelevant too unless we make it into the P5. Why do you think schools scramble for their lives like rats on a sinking ship whenever the conference realignment wheel starts spinning?

upstater likes this.
  23. 7774

Clearly it must be for you. The Big East is totally screwed.

24. 203Hoops

203Hoops New Member

How can you say that? Lets call a spade a spade here. The conference has shown absolutely zero sign of slowing down, in fact it is doing the opposite.

UConn would/should affiliate in all sports sans football if offered in a heartbeat. Unfortunately UConn does not align with the BEast vision/demographic/strategy so I personally (and unfortunately) feel that a UConn re-affiliation is a pipedream.

And remember, "P-5" is a football term, not a basketball term. Media $ponsors and the power$ that be would not leave the classic brands like Nova, Georgetown, St Johns, and yes, Providence College (as much as this board hates to hear it) out of a "new" broken off basketball tournament. Too many eyeball$ in the major media market$ (which, by the way, the Big East is well represented in) to pass up.

25. 7774

The powers that be would definitely leave those teams out. When the P5 tournament has Duke, UK, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, Mich. St., Syracuse, etc., etc., and any alternative tournament has a bunch of garbage and a couple decent teams, people will watch the P5 tournament. People will complain that they liked the old tournament better, but they will still watch the P5 tournament. The percentage of people not watching because Nova or Georgetown aren't in the field won't drive anything.

Jimdish255 likes this.