College Basketball 2.9.19-2.16.19 | The Boneyard

College Basketball 2.9.19-2.16.19

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Why does every team bring their A game when they play us? Temple is playing at Tulsa right now and they are not the team they were the other night. They are down by 10! I swear we are cursed...

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Tulsa makes no sense. They can beat top tier teams at home and lose to bottom tier teams away. About to blow out Temple. So inconsistent.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Tulsa makes no sense. They can beat top tier teams at home and lose to bottom tier teams away. About to blow out Temple. So inconsistent.
Tulsa is up 23 on Temple. They are the ultimate home vs road team in the league in my opinion. Beaten KSU, Temple at home, should’ve beaten Cincinnati as well.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Tulsa is up 23 on Temple. They are the ultimate home vs road team in the league in my opinion. Beaten KSU, Temple at home, should’ve beaten Cincinnati as well.

We will beat Temple when they come to our house, that shooting game they had against us was an enigma. Wish we have a chance to return the favor to Tulsa too. Hopefully we see them in the AAC tournament.

Reaction Score
Watching the Marquette/Nova game. Always knew that they'd be good on offense with Howard and the Hausers but if they keep up their defensive improvement, they'll be a really tough team in the tourney.

Theo John is a beast and a scary, athletic and defensive-minded frontcourt guy they haven't had in my recent memory and I can see him matching up well with the Grant Williams, Hachimuras, Mayes, Wards and Carolines of the NCAA.

My favorite thing about Howard is his ability to score in a variety of ways consistency of his demeanor. No matter the score, he has the same focus and drive.

Reaction Score
Watching the Marquette/Nova game. Always knew that they'd be good on offense with Howard and the Hausers but if they keep up their defensive improvement, they'll be a really tough team in the tourney.

Theo John is a beast and a scary, athletic and defensive-minded frontcourt guy they haven't had in my recent memory and I can see him matching up well with the Grant Williams, Hachimuras, Mayes, Wards and Carolines of the NCAA.

My favorite thing about Howard is his ability to score in a variety of ways consistency of his demeanor. No matter the score, he has the same focus and drive.
Do you think Howard returns for his Sr. Year? If so they return everyone. Plus add a really good transfer.

Reaction Score
St Johns lost today. The only Big East teams .500 or better in conference play are Nova and Marquette.

2 bid conference?

Reaction Score
Do you think Howard returns for his Sr. Year? If so they return everyone. Plus add a really good transfer.
Even though he's finally in the national spotlight, and even though mock drafts have him in the 40s, at 5'11 his path to a real NBA career is to show he can play PG.

This is his first year Marquette has given him the reins as the team's PG and while he's been amazing as a scoring PG his 1.14 (4.2/3.7) A/TO ratio is scary. Maybe if he plays another season and shows he can be a bit more secure with the ball at a higher frequency, it could help his stock.

It's hard to find a comparable to Markus Howard, but Aaron Holiday was a scoring PG for UCLA and was drafted last season. He averaged 3.8 TO/game, but is two inches taller than Howard.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
have you looked at UConn's home and away W/L record this year? But I know what you are saying. Temple might be playing themselves out of the dance

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
HORRIBLE
Aresco and our AD are cut out of the same mold

Reaction Score
Today's officials were particularly bad, not even sure what to think about them anymore

Are they all Midwestern high school officials?
I think they just hate UConn. Some Memphis fans were getting on Hurley and the refs didn't seem to care one bit.

Reaction Score
I am thinking refs might not like Hurley much at this point. Maybe that changes after a few years, but right now... not so much.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I am thinking refs might not like Hurley much at this point. Maybe that changes after a few years, but right now... not so much.
It was lie this with Ollie too

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
So I had to watch on delay. How did they allow a guy from Memphis to inbound after we make a shot with one foot OOB and the other standing on the court. Ref staring right at him. Grand scheme of things it didn’t matter today but just overall crappy refereeing game in and game out.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Vital got bad whistles on both ends.

Reaction Score
So I had to watch on delay. How did they allow a guy from Memphis to inbound after we make a shot with one foot OOB and the other standing on the court. Ref staring right at him. Grand scheme of things it didn’t matter today but just overall crappy refereeing game in and game out.

Saw that, the ref must blink real slowly. The running inbound a new canadian football type rule. One has to wonder what the league says to these refs after watching tape if they even do that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I really dislike the new "rules" on setting picks/screens.

I always despised when the screener would throw out a hip to disrupt the defender. Please call that every time.

A good screen or pick used to be where a player established and maintained his position while another offensive player went hip to hip to get space. Now that is a foul.

Reaction Score
Basketball is a very physical sport, touching the opponent is not an automatic foul. Makes it so tough to watch. The Duke-UVA game yesterday was beautiful, very few fouls called. College basketball needs to sell their stars by keeping them in the game, not on the bench with 2 early fouls

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Cincinnati and Houston is coming down to the wire on ESPN. Fun game both teams have great athletes and are hitting big shots. 53-52 Cincinnati leads Cumberland has 21 for the Bearcats

Reaction Score
Cumberland is a killer. Reminds me of how Bazz would just take the game over. Houston has just so much to deal with top to bottom.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati and Houston is coming down to the wire on ESPN. Fun game both teams have great athletes and are hitting big shots. 53-52 Cincinnati leads Cumberland has 21 for the Bearcats
Kinda crazy these teams arent getting much respect nationally.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom