Colin Cowherd's view on Penn State Situation... | The Boneyard

Colin Cowherd's view on Penn State Situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cowherd just ranted that a complete housecleaning should be done at the end of the season & hiring
FHCRE (squeaky clean reputation) as the NITS new head coach.

Reaction Score
Truth be told, if Edsall was still here and not getting run out of town in Maryland, he'd be the perfect candidate. Pennsylvania guy with no connection to Penn State, who managed to have success on the east coast and runs (whether you like him or not) a classy, clean program.

They say timing is everything in life. Even with Edsall struggling at UMD, PSU could do worse than RE, and you know I wasn't his biggest fan at the end.

Reaction Score
its going to take a lot honestly to get recruits to go to penn state after this whole scandal, and im not sure RE would be the guy to make recruits want to come

Reaction Score
I think they should stick with all the old coaches for at least one more season until they hire a new President and AD and the investigation is complete, and the governor removes his nose from the situation. Even if it further damages PSU football, they need to get the university right first.

Reaction Score
You have to clean up the program first before you get the big time recruits fans of PSU might not like it but thats just the way it will have to be. You go after the coach who will clean up the program give him 3-5 years or so then you go after a big name coach. No big name coach is going to step into a messy situation. They do have to give Bradley a chance to run the program.

Reaction Score
You have to clean up the program first before you get the big time recruits fans of PSU might not like it but thats just the way it will have to be. You go after the coach who will clean up the program give him 3-5 years or so then you go after a big name coach. No big name coach is going to step into a messy situation. They do have to give Bradley a chance to run the program.

In speaking to PSU people over the last couple days, they frankly do not care about the football program, at the moment. This is much bigger than that for the school.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think they should stick with all the old coaches for at least one more season until they hire a new President and AD and the investigation is complete, and the governor removes his nose from the situation. Even if it further damages PSU football, they need to get the university right first.

Stick with the old coaches? They can't do that. Better they put the program on a 1 year hiatus.

Reaction Score
Stick with the old coaches? They can't do that. Better they put the program on a 1 year hiatus.

I don't buy Colin Cowherd's 99.9% certainty that all the coaches knew. When you hear all these former footballa ssociates of Sanudsky come out, like Millen and today Jon Ritchie, and talk about it, I believe them that they didn't know.

I think it's a 50/50 shot that McQueary revealed what he saw to more than the 3 people in the GJ report, and for that Cowherd might be right. but I believe Cowherd is a blowhard for saying there's an absolute certainty.

For one, it argues against the fact that these men were covering it up. If McQueary is revealing it to other coaches and other people, then that puts the cover-up in jeapordy.

Second, all these coaches have stuck around State College when better jobs were offered. Even after 2009 when the investigation started. Do people believe it's a 99% certainty of their awareness while these guys had lifelines to other top schools? Some, like Larry Johnson, were offered a promotion to DC at other schools.

Reaction Score
I don't buy Colin Cowherd's 99.9% certainty that all the coaches knew. When you hear all these former footballa ssociates of Sanudsky come out, like Millen and today Jon Ritchie, and talk about it, I believe them that they didn't know.

I think it's a 50/50 shot that McQueary revealed what he saw to more than the 3 people in the GJ report, and for that Cowherd might be right. but I believe Cowherd is a blowhard for saying there's an absolute certainty.

For one, it argues against the fact that these men were covering it up. If McQueary is revealing it to other coaches and other people, then that puts the cover-up in jeapordy.

Second, all these coaches have stuck around State College when better jobs were offered. Even after 2009 when the investigation started. Do people believe it's a 99% certainty of their awareness while these guys had lifelines to other top schools? Some, like Larry Johnson, were offered a promotion to DC at other schools.

I agree with everything you said here.

But the coaching staff still needs to go.

And Cowherd is a blowhard.

Reaction Score

If you don't care about further damage to PSU football ... and you only care about getting the university right first ... why keep all the coaches around that got you into this mess in the first place? Their old-boy cover-up network will just impede the investigation anyway. And how the hell are they going to coach if they're all indicted anyway?

Clean house sooner, rather than later. Let the healing begin sooner, rather than later.

Reaction Score
If you don't care about further damage to PSU football ... and you only care about getting the university right first ... why keep all the coaches around that got you into this mess in the first place? Their old-boy cover-up network will just impede the investigation anyway. And how the hell are they going to coach if they're all indicted anyway?

Clean house sooner, rather than later. Let the healing begin sooner, rather than later.

I can't begin to answer your questions. why? No coaches have been indicted. No coaches have been accused of a cover-up. Bringing in a new coaching staff under these circumstances is just going to be a useless exercise anyway.

Reaction Score
In speaking to PSU people over the last couple days, they frankly do not care about the football program, at the moment. This is much bigger than that for the school.

Maybe it's not just the rioting students that have no perspective? First, my thoughts are with the victims and their families. Second, I would support any effort to rid the university of the system that created this horrific situation.

Reaction Score
I can't begin to answer your questions. why? No coaches have been indicted. No coaches have been accused of a cover-up. Bringing in a new coaching staff under these circumstances is just going to be a useless exercise anyway.

Of course it's useless ... "even if it further damages PSU football" ...

Do you care about PSU football or not?

Reaction Score

You are right. McQueary has niether been indicted nor accused of a cover-up ... he should be in a good position to coach that one additional year you want him to ... what do you want his new role to be?

Reaction Score
Of course it's useless ... "even if it further damages PSU football" ...

Do you care about PSU football or not?

Care more about the school.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's not just the rioting students that have no perspective? First, my thoughts are with the victims and their families. Second, I would support any effort to rid the university of the system that created this horrific situation.

Rid the university of athletics? It's the same system that's in play at the vast majority of D1 colleges.

I'm sure the victims are glad to know you're thinking of them.

Reaction Score
You are right. McQueary has niether been indicted nor accused of a cover-up ... he should be in a good position to coach that one additional year you want him to ... what do you want his new role to be?

Your best best buddy.

Reaction Score
Obviously it's irrelevant what I think PSU football should do. But they've already officially started their head coaching search for next season.

I just happen to think the optics of hiring a new coach prior to the President and getting their whole house in order is bad. It emphasizes the importance of football once again. It got them into this mess.

Outside the sports world, this is resonating in an entirely different way. People who don't know about Paterno at all are saying PSU is a place where molestation is enabled.

Reaction Score
This isn't very productive ... I need to take a step back ... this is a pretty emotional topic.

Upstater - Have yourself a good weekend. Hopefully we'll all be able to return to a more civil topic someday soon.

Reaction Score
This isn't very productive ... I need to take a step back ... this is a pretty emotional topic.

Upstater - Have yourself a good weekend. Hopefully we'll all be able to return to a more civil topic someday soon.

It'll get worse, but actually at this point, I'm not emotional about it at all. People with PSU degrees who have never cared about sports are weighing in level-headedly. Unfortunately, some are having PTSD type reactions to the behavior of PSU students. Lotsa drinking and mayhem down there. It's a special kind of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom