Cold Weather Tips for Friday? | The Boneyard

Cold Weather Tips for Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Been awhile since a cold game and tailgate just wondering if anyone's got tips they my want to re-share as I'm sure some of these have been mentioned before. I do the basics with layers and maybe hot-hands type warmers but I'm sure there's plenty I haven't tried. And need to advise some friends who are new to the Rent in Nov / Dec.

Reaction Score
you have to make sure you layer properly...to many too early and you will sweat..may as well change before you head into the game into a dry baselayer..or you will get cold right away...same with socks/footwear. Winter hats are always good to bring because they can easily be put into your poket. If it is windy, snow pants or rain wear will keep the wind off your lower body. A blanket is a good thing to bring...a seat pad is too if you are in bleacher type seats. Gloves are a must. To kep your feet wrm, attach the footwarmers to your socks (wear 2 pair)...I wear my insulated hunting boots, my wife swears by her Uggs during the cold weather. Hand warmers go in pockets and or gloves. My wife gets cold easily, and this is what she does to stay warm (she hasn't asked to leave a game early or not attended a game because of weather/cold since we started gong to games in 2003). I hope this helps.

Reaction Score
Bring a piece of foam to stand on. Does wonders for keeping the feet warm.

Reaction Score
Putting your butt on the aluminum seats without a blanket, pad or your own chairback device is not the thing to do. Winter hat and a windbreaker as one of the layers is a must. Have to have a poncho as well if it's gonna rain.

Reaction Score
Just remember what Bear Grylls always said in Man Vs. Wild, you sweat, you die. Good luck on Friday!

Reaction Score
How about you just be a man and suck it up for a couple hours?

I kid, I kid... ;)

Reaction Score
jack-daniels-tennessee-whiskey-lgjpg.jpg

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
From an old "all weather" backpacker - the layered look "is in" and "cotton kills."

Synthetic base layer, my favorite - wool socks, a heavy fleece layer, a hat and gloves.

If your head, hands and feet are warm, so will the rest of you body be warm.

Reaction Score
Been awhile since a cold game and tailgate just wondering if anyone's got tips they my want to re-share as I'm sure some of these have been mentioned before. I do the basics with layers and maybe hot-hands type warmers but I'm sure there's plenty I haven't tried. And need to advise some friends who are new to the Rent in Nov / Dec.

One thing for sure, those aluminum seats conduct the cold quite well. Therefore bring or rent some stadium seats or at the very least bring a blanket or something to sit on.

Reaction Score
From an old "all weather" backpacker - the layered look "is in" and "cotton kills."

Synthetic base layer, my favorite - wool socks, a heavy fleece layer, a hat and gloves.

If your head, hands and feet are warm, so will the rest of you body be warm.

Keeping the extremities warm is the key.

Reaction Score
and cuddle with Emily.

Now that sounds like a plan! LOL!!! I hope if she visits this site she knows we would all treat her with the upmost respect.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Good advice from all.

If I had to prioritize it.

1. Layers with at least one of them being impermeable (wind jammer, rain coat, etc).
2. Head, hands, toes and butt.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Unsolicited and unsponsored product endorsements:

Smartwool socks

Cabela's branded E.C.W.C.S. polar weight base layers

Reaction Score
Good ideas and I always bring some foam to sit on. Windbreaker type winter running jacket with hood will be the outer with a non-warming uconn shirt over the top. Going to approach it like a cold weather run plus hand/foot warmers.

I don't think the Ville is gonna like it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom