Cold Weather Gear - What do you have? | The Boneyard

Cold Weather Gear - What do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When I first started going to games at the Rent (I was there for the Indiana game), I was woefully unprepared for some freezing cold games.

Over the years, I have added better gear.

What do you guys and gals swear by?

Reaction Score
good coaching trumps cold weather.

No it doesn't. THe cold feels the same to me whether we are winning or losing.

I thought it was all hype, but Under Armor is a great product. Pricey but worth it. Those are my base layers.

Reaction Score
I swear by having a piece of foam to stand on and a thick, waterproof windbreaker as essentials. After that, layer a fleece with a long sleeve T. Long johns, preferably high quality breathable ones and a good pair of breathable ski socks.

The foam to stand on is the key though.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
OK listen up:

Blue Connecticut T-shirt
Cabela's E.C.W.C.S. Polar Weight Base layer (1/4 zip top and bottom). The top is almost too warm.
Hoodie
Jeans
Smartwool Alpine socks
Windstopper Fleece Jacket
North Face Denali Fleece gloves
Insulated boots
Fleece hat
Fleece gaiter (didn't need it today)
Donald Brown Jersey
Seat cushion

If it were really cold or rainy, I add a gore-tex shell and pants (didn't even pack them today) and/or upgrade to full insulated gore-tex winter gloves (left these home too).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I put on a t shirt, a nike sweatshirt, jeans, sneakers and cheap gloves. It was cold - but come on it was above freezing.

Reaction Score
We got seat back dohickies to sit on this year- big difference than just sitting on a blanket. Feet have to stay warm, I use 2 pairs of socks and my workboots.

Reaction Score
I don't have high-end gear, I just layer the out of everything. Today I had on a t-shirt, long-sleeve t-shirt, fleece jacket, hooded sweatshirt (a thick one), a UConn pullover, and then a very warm LL Bean Wool overcoat. Knit hat on top, gloves with handwarmers in each one, two pairs of socks, insulated workboots, blue jeans and sweatpants. Then make sure I sat on the blanket, and another blanket for my lap.

Reaction Score
Cold weather running gear is my must. Normally I bust out some Nike Dri-Fit therma gear. It is snug, breathable, light but warm. I typically wear the half zip top under my Therma-fit UConn sweatshirt. That and under armor running gloves are fantastic. They did the trick today.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Cold weather gear not néeded for those who watch from their Tv ,thanks for your support.

Reaction Score
Thermal shirt and pants, two hooded sweatshirts, down jacket. Only things that ended up freezing were my hands and toes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom