Coggins decommits from BC | The Boneyard

Coggins decommits from BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
aka he won't qualify because of the whole scandal at naugatuck.

Reaction Score
This was what you could call mutual.

Not by this story...

Coggins decommits from Boston College (ESPN-Boston)
Published on September 26th, 2012
Written by: Sean Patrick Bowley

Sacred Heart receiver David Coggins has de-commited from Boston College, according to a report in ESPN-Boston on Tuesday.

Coggins, who has made news recently for being embroiled in a recruiting scandal that ended with him receiving a four-game suspension from the CIAC, told the website he was rescinding his verbal commitment because, “I wanted to keep my options open and see what else is out there,” he said.

Coggins told ESPN-Boston Temple and Illinois are now in the mix along with Boston College. He also has an offer from Central Connecticut State.

“BC isn’t out of the picture,” Coggins told ESPN-Boston. “I’m hoping more schools call after the season.

The senior, who has caught 139 passes for 2,256 yards and 17 touchdowns, hasn’t played since his sophomore year. He broke his ankle in last year’s preseason.

Coggins and teammates Javon Martin and Xavier Woods, who were also suspended by the CIAC, will be eligible to return for Sacred Heart on Oct. 12 when the team plays Crosby.

Reaction Score
did he open up a spot for that lb u got the other day or do u guys still have more room in your class? for some reason i had bc # wise in my head for 18 kids this class but i forget now. hows it looking?
Had nothing to do with the LB. It's interesting it seems like there is more room then originally thought for whatever reason. We have a top WR,ATH,and DE target on campus this weekend. Plus Coppet and Montgomery are still takes and we want an OL. Not sure on an exact number but looks like it'll be close to a full class.

Also I could care less what the story says no offense or shot at you personally Medic what's the kid gonna say?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not by this story...

Coggins decommits from Boston College (ESPN-Boston)
Published on September 26th, 2012
Written by: Sean Patrick Bowley

Sacred Heart receiver David Coggins has de-commited from Boston College, according to a report in ESPN-Boston on Tuesday.

Coggins, who has made news recently for being embroiled in a recruiting scandal that ended with him receiving a four-game suspension from the CIAC, told the website he was rescinding his verbal commitment because, “I wanted to keep my options open and see what else is out there,” he said.

Coggins told ESPN-Boston Temple and Illinois are now in the mix along with Boston College. He also has an offer from Central Connecticut State.

“BC isn’t out of the picture,” Coggins told ESPN-Boston. “I’m hoping more schools call after the season.

The senior, who has caught 139 passes for 2,256 yards and 17 touchdowns, hasn’t played since his sophomore year. He broke his ankle in last year’s preseason.

Coggins and teammates Javon Martin and Xavier Woods, who were also suspended by the CIAC, will be eligible to return for Sacred Heart on Oct. 12 when the team plays Crosby.

By that story it's generous to Coggins to call it mutual. Yeah, he dumped BC for better offers... offers that arrived even though he hasn't played in a season and a half. He has exactly one option right now. It's CCSU.

Reaction Score
Had nothing to do with the LB. It's interesting it seems like there is more room then originally thought for whatever reason. We have a top WR,ATH,and DE target on campus this weekend. Plus Coppet and Montgomery are still takes and we want an OL. Not sure on an exact number but looks like it'll be close to a full class.

Also I could care less what the story says no offense or shot at you personally Medic what's the kid gonna say?

I didn't write the story... Just sharing so no shot @ me. Over-rated is over-rated or he's shopping for a better fit.

Reaction Score
maybe he knew the violations were coming before the media so he committed to BC because they had offered and he thought he was going to lose his entire senior season

Then the ruling came down of only 4 games, so now he knows he can display some skill and get some better offers

pj

Reaction Score
Tough break for him. Too bad about that injury, he might have been the top recruit in Connecticut.

Reaction Score
You know what.......BC sucks and the kid is better off somewhere else. Kids there are not going to see a bowl for a long, long time.

Reaction Score
Are we (UCONN) recruiting him? Seems like we should make a strong push. If the kid is a talent, then wew should go all out. After all, we have a serious lack of play makers in the program, most glaringly on offense.

Seems like we would have a very very realistic chance of getting this guy.

FAST

pj

Reaction Score
He has to show he's recovered from his injury. He hasn't played yet this year because of the suspension. Not sure if he can be a DB candidate or WR only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom