Cochran just wins By Mike DiMauro - A good article | The Boneyard

Cochran just wins By Mike DiMauro - A good article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good article. I was using "IT" several weeks ago. Casey does have "IT" and those QB's are hard to find. I actually think Casey has a better arm than initially thought to have too, and his accuracy is off the charts. Every time he throws it to Davis the ball is intentionally high to take advantage of Davis' height, that's the type of thing Tom Brady does. Casey is also moving the safety with his eyes which is advanced QB work.

and right now we don't have a Tight End, when we get one look out, Casey will be a killer.

Leadership ability is off the charts; He's our Chad Pennington; making everyone around him better.

I get the feeling Casey had a good football teacher growing up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
First time I've seen Casey look like he belongs at this level. You still have to take into consideration the weak teams he's faced and the steady improvement of the O-Line and the running game.. It's a positive knowing we have options going into next year.

Reaction Score
and the steady improvement of the O-Line

Watch the tape, Casey didn't have a lot of time to throw. Casey makes the pass protection look better than it is by getting the ball out. Zach had that same ability. Casey's instincts on where to move in the pocket are also much better than Whitmer's. Whitmer was haunted by the pass rush, Casey stabs it in the heart.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Good read, thanks for posting. Even if Casey´s legacy is limited to these last three games of 2013, its still important. He has shown us the way back to winning and that he is a winner.

Reaction Score
Even if Casey´s legacy is limited to these last three games of 2013,

Honest to God if Warde effs up and hires some "system" nitwit who sends Casey off to Towson or Fordham as Nebrich's replacement that will be the end of me as a UCONN football fan.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good article. I was using "IT" several weeks ago. Casey does have "IT" and those QB's are hard to find. I actually think Casey has a better arm than initially thought to have too, and his accuracy is off the charts. Every time he throws it to Davis the ball is intentionally high to take advantage of Davis' height, that's the type of thing Tom Brady does. Casey is also moving the safety with his eyes which is advanced QB work.

and right now we don't have a Tight End, when we get one look out, Casey will be a killer.

Leadership ability is off the charts; He's our Chad Pennington; making everyone around him better.

I get the feeling Casey had a good football teacher growing up.

Even if challenged as a runner, he's going to have to keep the ball occasionally when the read-option is called. It will keep the RB from getting killed. Other than that, he's been terrific.

Reaction Score
Honest to God if Warde effs up and hires some "system" nitwit who sends Casey off to Towson or Fordham as Nebrich's replacement that will be the end of me as a UCONN football fan.

Oh no! What would we do?

Reaction Score
Oh no! What would we do?

My guess is that in two years you would be calling for a new AD and new coach. Fortunately I think Warde is smarter than that and I expect the next coach to have a similar approach to offense as TJ. Warde's last hire at Buffalo was also a Cincy offensive coordinator.

Reaction Score
My guess is that in two years you would be calling for a new AD and new coach. Fortunately I think Warde is smarter than that and I expect the next coach to have a similar approach to offense as TJ. Warde's last hire at Buffalo was also a Cincy offensive coordinator.
Hey, Warde hasn't proved much of anything other than he will fire a coach when the heat gets too much. And, he'll hire coach on a try and buy that should have been hired to begin with. Why people insist Warde is "smart" is beyond me...unless he's so smart he is lulling us to sleep with slow decision making and stealth leadership. Hiring Buffalo's AD , a 2 bit program stuck forever in tier 2, was asinine. Of course, the AAC must feel increasingly at home to him.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Casey's pocket presence is much higher than Whitmer or Boyle (at this point). The TD to Lemelle to close out Rutty was the type of pitch and catch that we haven't seen here in a long time. That window was tiny and he threw a perfect ball that only Lemelle could reach.

Reaction Score
I watched the replay. Kid was throwing seeds and the receivers were catching in spots to make yards after the catch. The most impressive play he made was the throw away of the bubble screen rutgers had sniffed out. Shows he learned from his int against smu when he forceda pass he should not have.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I beleive we will see more of CC as a Husky QB, whether a starter or an extremely valuable back-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom