Cobb | The Boneyard

Cobb

Reaction Score
thats all. Best court vision we have had in a few years. Maybe the best passer over 6’5” in a generation. Can’t wait for this guy to get in better shape. We play so much different with him on the court.

Reaction Score
Nice rotation on that last drive. Have to play both ends or it doesn't matter how good his offensive game is

Reaction Score
thats all. Best court vision we have had in a few years. Maybe the best passer over 6’5” in a generation. Can’t wait for this guy to get in better shape. We play so much different with him on the court.
olli

I want to see Cobb and Diarra on the court at the same time. Vital was guarding 7'2" Chuku! We need to match Cuses size inside.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He’s the key at Cuse shooting practice...I mean foul line vs the zone.

Reaction Score
Too bad he can't play d or rebound. LOL!

Reaction Score

Love his offensive game. Can’t play a lick of defense unfortunately

Reaction Score
Has to learn to play defense and stay on the court but we are a better team with him. Solid player.

Reaction Score
cobb has some really nice moves like that one spin move that unfortunately didn't roll in for him. i think he's a huge bright spot just keep him out of foul trouble and make some sets for him kid's got the brains to succeed.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Cobb played well when he was on the court, looked like he was taken out of the game by a couple of cheap calls

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He’s got a real nice skill set. Needs to get back in shape. Hopefully we can keep him on the court. Nice thunder and lightning down low with him and Diarra.

Reaction Score
Both Cobb and Diarra played 17 minutes and both fouled out. Staying on the court and being a 25-30 minute contributor is key to being a decent big man. Both have skills that UConn has not had in a while and both are fun to watch, but 10 fouls in 34 minutes means lots of points given up with free throws.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Both Cobb and Diarra played 17 minutes and both fouled out. Staying on the court and being a 25-30 minute contributor is key to being a decent big man. Both have skills that UConn has not had in a while and both are fun to watch, but 10 fouls in 34 minutes means lots of points given up with free throws.
And in Diarra’s case, leaving points on the line on the other end. 1-6 is pretty brutal. He’s a physical, active big man who goes crazy for offensive boards. He’s going to get fouled. He needs to hit his free throws. He looked like he was shooting free throws for the first time in his life last night.

Reaction Score
As a minimum and as others mentioned in various posts, I want two things from our bigs; 1) rebound 2) make FT's. Anything else is icing on the cake.

Reaction Score
Both Cobb and Diarra have skills that UConn has not had in a while and both are fun to watch
I agree. There is talent on this team. It is putting the pieces together and being cohesive (you know, the whole sum of the parts thing). Adams and Larrier are the stars although both at times look like they have no idea what their role is on the team. Vitale is a hard worker Anderson is serviceable and the big men show some ability.

Assuming Gilbert does not come back, which I think he won't, Ollie should put the ball in Adams hands and tell him to slash create and look for Larrier and let the other guys fill in around them. Vitale was the guy doing that against Syracuse. I love Vitale's effort but that should be Adams slashing and dishing every possession. And when Larrier gets the dish, he needs to take it to the basket. He has been way too tentative.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom