Cobb | The Boneyard

Cobb

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Watching him bring the ball up court.sort of makes you wish he was in the games on Saturday's with some of those 3rd & 4th downs & short yardage .
Jeez could you imagine haha? He’s about the size of Kevin Mensah sitting on Newsome’s shoulders.

Reaction Score
Is he somewhat of a liability on defense?

Feels like his defensive effort is just for show. He didn't fully commit to completely rotate over when necessary or fully extend to contest shots.

Game changed when Ollie made the move to DO after we were torched by their bigs jacking up threes.

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

Feels like his defensive effort is just for show. He didn't fully commit to completely rotate over when necessary or fully extend to contest shots.

Game changed when Ollie made the move to DO after we were touched by their bigs jacking up threes.
IF that were true he would hear about it and remember the next time. No D................no play. I think he really wants to play alot
so I have big hope for Mr. Cobb.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Watching him bring the ball up court.sort of makes you wish he was in the games on Saturday's with some of those 3rd & 4th downs & short yardage .
Not a bad handle for a big guy. He was moving!! lol Can't remember a big guy dribbling that way down court. He needs to kick it the ball handlers, however, it was fun to watch.

Reaction Score

Game changed when Ollie made the move to DO after we were touched by their bigs jacking up threes.

We've had nothing but liabilities on defense for bigs the last few years so while I see what you are saying in regards to his rotation, his ability to body up physically and move people already is fun to watch for me. He needs to improve on help down low off his man, but he plays hard.

Reaction Score
He may be "limited" but at least he looks like a semi competent collegent level basketball player.

Ps love the rebounding we've been getting out of this team!

Reaction Score
IF that were true he would hear about it and remember the next time. No D......no play. I think he really wants to play alot
so I have big hope for Mr. Cobb.
It does seem like he got benched for almost the whole second half.

Reaction Score
He might just be that big we have wanted for so long. That Caron Butler type toughness, that ability to use muscle, despite being less tall, to corral a 6 to 10 rebouds a game, some leading to well needed second chance points and many over taller centers...I mean, he just seems to have some of those intangibles including that hunger to do the dirty work that is the difference between 20 or 22 wins and 18 or 20 wins.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It does seem like he got benched for almost the whole second half.

I assumed that was for the giveaways. Wasn’t he the one who made 2-3 gift passes to Stony Brook?

Reaction Score
I assumed that was for the giveaways. Wasn’t he the one who made 2-3 gift passes to Stony Brook?
He did and the coaches will get on that but this guy has good hands, and we now have physical strength we haven't had. Just have to correct the moving screens with our bigs.

Reaction Score

Game changed when Ollie made the move to DO after we were torched by their bigs jacking up threes.

I'm not sure it's totally an effort thing. Remember how overweight he was in JUCO? There's no way you were teaching him how to guard bigs 20 feet from the basket at his size. It's something he will have to learn now that he has more mobility and he's at a level where bigs can hit open 3s.

Reaction Score
I mean, he just seems to have some of those intangibles including that hunger to do the dirty work that is the difference between 20 or 22 wins and 18 or 20 wins.

He did and the coaches will get on that but this guy has good hands, and we now have physical strength we haven't had. Just have to correct the moving screens with our bigs.

I still think the dirty work award and best effective use of a physical presence in last night's game goes to DO not Cobb.

Cobb brought it on the offensive end to start the game and we get excited about his post moves and ball handling. But DO was the difference maker and earned Ollie's trust to finish the game out until he fouled out. We went on a mini run at the 9:57 mark in the 2nd from his defense and screens and then again when he came back in with 5:32 left on the clock.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure it's totally an effort thing. Remember how overweight he was in JUCO? There's no way you were teaching him how to guard bigs 20 feet from the basket at his size. It's something he will have to learn now that he has more mobility and he's at a level where bigs can hit open 3s.

Good insight. I'm not down on Cobb. I think he can learn. He'll be forced to if he wants to play. I actually think he's closer to Steve Enoch than people realize. The only difference is he uses his size to actual finishes around the basket after a post move. He'll still be challenged to buy in on the defensive end.

I think people like the shiny new offensive toy and are missing some of the defensive short comings/poor tendencies.

Reaction Score
I definitely wanna see our big guys eat , guards have to do a better job getting them the ball , especially all the picking n rolling they’re doing possession after possession four to five easy lobs will do the trick and keep them happy

Reaction Score
Good insight. I'm not down on Magic Cobb. I think he can learn. He'll be forced to if he wants to play. I actually think he's closer to Steve Enoch than people realize. The only difference is he uses his size to actual finishes around the basket after a post move. He'll still be challenged to buy in on the defensive end.

I think people like the shiny new offensive toy and are missing some of the defensive short comings/poor tendencies.
I am

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom