Cobb Tweet | The Boneyard

Cobb Tweet

Reaction Score
The coaching change seems to be welcomed by the players. Not having a single transfer after the entire coaching turns over is almost unheard of.
Expect that trend to continue. Hurley mentioned in a podcast I was listening to the other day that he only had ONE player transfer out in his time at URI. Given the current landscape of college basketball that’s really impressive and speaks volumes about his ability to connect with players as a coach.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Expect that trend to continue. Hurley mentioned in a podcast I was listening to the other day that he only had ONE player transfer out in his time at URI. Given the current landscape of college basketball that’s really impressive and speaks volumes about his ability to connect with players as a coach.

I'm not speculating on who per se, but I'd expect there will be a transfer or two from the front court next year. There's a log jam of guys there, and I expect they'll be recruiting some higher level guys on top.

But that's not an indictment of Hurley or the program, just kids wanting to play.

Reaction Score
Wow!

Times have changed can’t wait for the recruits to start committing and to see some guys improve and outplay their rankings!

Reaction Score
The coaching change seems to be welcomed by the players. Not having a single transfer after the entire coaching turns over is almost unheard of.

It really is something that hasn't been talked about enough.

More than anything else, I think this is the most encouraging thing about the start of DH's tenure.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm not speculating on who per se, but I'd expect there will be a transfer or two from the front court next year. There's a log jam of guys there, and I expect they'll be recruiting some higher level guys on top.

But that's not an indictment of Hurley or the program, just kids wanting to play.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are transfers at the end of next season either, but it's rare for all the existing players to buy in and see a chance for themselves to compete for playing time with a new staff.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Where are all the posters who said everyone would transfer if Ollie got fired?

Dont make me go find them - just stand up and admit your stupidity.

Morans.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Where are all the posters who said everyone would transfer if Ollie got fired?

Do make me go find them - just stand up and admit your stupidity.

Morans.

Pretty sure no one said “everyone “ would transfer but many speculated one or 2 may go. Also most thought the kids KO recruited for this coming class would probably change their minds and/or not be included in Dans plans. That became fact.

What will be really impressive by Hurley and the staff would be to get Eric Cobb to be who I think many of see as a real nice piece. Problem being is they need to corral his idea of himself being more than what they need. Battle down low, move some people around in the lane and rebound. If they get the complete buy in they will have a nice 10-15 minute piece of the puzzle for next year.....and of course conditioning.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Pretty sure no one said “everyone “ would transfer but many speculated one or 2 may go. Also most thought the kids KO recruited for this coming class would probably change their minds and/or not be included in Dans plans. That became fact.

What will be really impressive by Hurley and the staff would be to get Eric Cobb to be who I think many of see as a real nice piece. Problem being is they need to corral his idea of himself being more than what they need. Battle down low, move some people around in the lane and rebound. If they get the complete buy in they will have a nice 10-15 minute piece of the puzzle for next year.....and of course conditioning.
So no one transferred. Got it.

Many were not speculation.

Reaction Score
I think this Don Harley guy might work out just fine
Dan Harley's recruitingmobile......

31a8ab55c889c2bbba8fb9ff55cedd9e.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads