Cobb in the 2nd half | The Boneyard

Cobb in the 2nd half

Reaction Score
For those of us at the game that aren’t good at figuring things out - did they mention why Cobb didn’t play the 2nd half?

I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere.

Reaction Score
Got burned on D multiple times. Carlton was pretty bad though

Reaction Score
I was surprised as well. He may of had a hard time on defense but zona couldn't handle him offensively. He may have fouled Jeter out earlier had he played more.

Reaction Score
At least Cobb can get up and down the court in a hurry which allows him to get offensive rebounds and put backs. Carlton can block shots better. I would like to see them on the court together. Don't think this has happened yet.

Reaction Score
At least Cobb can get up and down the court in a hurry which allows him to get offensive rebounds and put backs. Carlton can block shots better. I would like to see them on the court together. Don't think this has happened yet.

If you do that it's going to close up driving lanes and make the guards jobs 10x harder on offense.

Having Polley's shooting out there spreads the defense and keeps them honest.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Carlton was so bad. he lost his guy on so many screens and had no hustle up the court. Cobb at least had some nice offensive put backs
Carlton was so bad. he lost his guy on so many screens and had no hustle up the court. Cobb at least had some nice offensive put backs
...and he scores easily.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yea don’t get this one at all. Cobb was the energy man.

pj

Reaction Score

They don't have enough fouls to give at the center position to let those two see the court at the same time.

Reaction Score
That was a mistake on Hurley's part. I don't care if Cobb's D is bad, he was feasting on offense and the boards and Carlton does nothing against teams with any size. Wanted more minutes for Cobb and Sid.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Cobb loves to be an offensive threat against big good teams which is great but he has virtually no idea what to do on the defensive end - especially when his assignment draws him outside. We saw that vs Iowa and Cuse but it doesn't appear that the staff has worked on him with that issue.
Carlton is a complete no show vs the bigger better teams - yeah he had some good moments late in the game today but that was due to the fact that Jeter had 4 fouls and Zona was getting gassed.
Not at all comfortable with both these guys playing at the same time
The big man issue remains an issue

Reaction Score
That was a mistake on Hurley's part. I don't care if Cobb's D is bad, he was feasting on offense and the boards and Carlton does nothing against teams with any size. Wanted more minutes for Cobb and Sid.

Carlton had literally 0 boards and no points. Even if cobb is bad on defense, his offense alone should of made him a priority to keep in over Carlton. Carlton looked just as awful on defense

Reaction Score
Carlton is a nice kid but SOFT for the center position. There’s a reason he is a ghost when we play high major talent. When the guys are bigger faster stronger and meaner, he can’t keep up.

We are in serious trouble next year with Cobb gone if don’t replace him with a BANGER downlow, like kofi or wahab. I’m afraid tre is just a more skilled version of Carlton , not a bruiser

Reaction Score
Carlton had literally 0 boards and no points. Even if cobb is bad on defense, his offense alone should of made him a priority to keep in over Carlton. Carlton looked just as awful on defense

Cobb's earthbound and overhedges to the point of absurdity. Carlton was terrible until the last 5 minutes, but the last 5 minutes his defense was good. I don't think we make it a one possession game in the last minute without him.

Kudos to Cobb for making himself a nice offensive piece in our major games so far, but what Hurley's defensive style needs is rim protection and Carlton's the best hope we've got. I think we're going to have to give him a longer leash - like Hurley is - and hope for the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom