Cobb has shown why Edsall's approach is nonsense. | The Boneyard

Cobb has shown why Edsall's approach is nonsense.

Reaction Score
Hurley choose not to chase Cobb out of the program. And he has been huge for the basketball team. Edsall threw away all the upper classmen and produced two crap piles for seasons.

You want to change the culture. Show the players you know how to win. Show the players you care about ALL of them, not just the guys you are bringing in.

Reaction Score
Hurley choose not to chase Cobb out of the program. And he has been huge for the basketball team.

Edsall chose not to chase Peart (and Hergy and Tarbutt and Terry and Crozier and Murphy and Beals and Mclean and Davis etc) out of the program. And he (they) has (have) been huge for the football team.

So basically Pal, you're saying Hurley and Edsall are similar? I'm sold.

Reaction Score
Edsall chose not to chase Peart (and Hergy and Tarbutt and Terry and Crozier and Murphy and Beals and Mclean and Davis etc) out of the program. And he (they) has (have) been huge for the football team.

So basically Pal, you're saying Hurley and Edsall are similar? I'm sold.

Yup, when you look at the facts you realize the notion that Edsall chased off Diaco's players is a Boneyard myth.....and if you think Bryce McCallister would have moved the needle for UCONN this year you're lost.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hurley choose not to chase Cobb out of the program. And he has been huge for the basketball team. Edsall threw away all the upper classmen and produced two crap piles for seasons.

You want to change the culture. Show the players you know how to win. Show the players you care about ALL of them, not just the guys you are bringing in.

pALATINE?

Do you have one Cobb like story from this football team?

Reaction Score
I mean the key thing is Cobb bought in, put in hard work and came back in significantly better shape. Is the contention that Edsall would chase of a player putting in the level of work that Cobb put in this past off-season, I find that far-fetched.

Reaction Score
You have to give the man at least 2 seasons of pre season football before we can start a real season...everyone knows that. That's what all the schools do.....don't they?

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I wonder what an Edsall-coached basketball team would look like, though? Like, hold the ball for 25 seconds and then show up the best shot you can find? Wait -- that sounds familiar, actually ...

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I wonder what an Edsall-coached basketball team would look like, though? Like, hold the ball for 25 seconds and then show up the best shot you can find? Wait -- that sounds familiar, actually ...
Actually, I think the other side of the ball would be more of a problem . It’s more like the ball would be stolen every other play leading to breakaway baskets.

Reaction Score

We understand that we suck this year, we sucked last year and you hate Edsall. Would it be too much to ask you not to start threads if you don't have anything to add to what we already understand you belive?

Reaction Score
We understand that we suck this year, we sucked last year and you hate Edsall. Would it be too much to ask you not to start threads if you don't have anything to add to what we already understand you belive?

I am giving concrete examples of the folly of Edsall's approach. I am supporting my arguments with facts and evidence. You would think a lawyer would understand the concept. Embracing the existing team and its players instead of throwing away players and seasons is a system that actually works.
Wrong. Leone is a junior and played sparsely last year. His hard work, preserverance and belief parlayed himself into a starting role.

Reaction Score
Wrong. Leone is a junior and played sparsely last year. His hard work, preserverance and belief parlayed himself into a starting role.
Good grief, Nino was a freshman (redshirt) when Edsall got here. Cobb was a senior when Hurley got here. That's the point. Edsall threw away the upper classmen not the freshmen. Hurley embraced the upper classmen.

Reaction Score
Good grief, Nino was a freshman (redshirt) when Edsall got here. Cobb was a senior when Hurley got here. That's the point. Edsall threw away the upper classmen not the freshmen.

Name the two deep upperclassman “Edsall threw away”...

My point is there is plenty of evidence that Edsall “has embraced” many of the upperclassmen despite the myth that he hasn’t.

Edit add: Here is the depth chart for Holy Cross (Edsall’s first game).

Reaction Score
Let's look at the facts. Here are the 13 players that left early after last season:

Sheriden Lawley - out of football
Chris Britton - out of football
Anthony Watkins - playing at Wagner
Brice McAllister - playing at UMass
Dan Oak - out of football
Bryan Coney - playing at University of New Haven
Chris Jean-Pierre - out of football ?
Ja'Kevious Vickers - playing at Butler JC
Braydon Brown - playing at Lackawanna College
Brad Westmark - out of football
Nick Zecchino - out of football?
Aaron Garland - out of football
John Robinson IV - playing at Tennessee St.

So, we have 7 out of football, 2 playing at JC, 2 playing FCS, 1 playing FBS, and 1 playing Division 2.

Out of these 13, 5 were on the Holy Cross 2 deep. Of those 5, 3 are out of football, 1 is playing FBS, and 1 is playing FCS.

Based on reports at the time, UConn did want Brown to stay. Out of all of the players listed above that are still playing football, I would think Brown and McAllister could have helped this year, but that wouldn't have made or broke this team.

As for your Cobb analogy, Cobb was always recognized as a talented basketball player. He was a 4*/3* recruit with offers from Alabama, Arkansas, BC, Kansas St., Old Dominion, Seton Hall, George Mason, Miss. St., South Carolina, Washington, VCU. The only thing missing for Cobb was motivation and development. I don't think the players listed above had the same athletic ability as Cobb or the same motivation and development issues.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
How does Pal not get banned for spamming the football board with the same post over and over? This kind of garbage shouldn’t be allowed

Reaction Score
Cobb had actual D1 offers... most of our seniors did not. Now if a walk on became a starter then you might be on to something

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom