Coaching Coup of the Year (So Far): Petersen to Washington | The Boneyard

Coaching Coup of the Year (So Far): Petersen to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Definite upgrade by the faux Huskies. I expect them to compete for PAC titles year after year in the near future. USC dropped the ball here big time.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...gton-to-hire-boise-state-coach-chris-petersen

A coup that makes perfect sense. He has been a West Coast guy for all but one year of his coaching career, he doesn't have to move very far, and he gets to stay in the same recruiting grounds and the same time zone. Well done for the other Huskies.

The good news is that while Wake's or Rutgers's coaching searches are likely to impact whom we choose, and Washington's might have, Boise's will likely not.

Reaction Score
A coup that makes perfect sense. He has been a West Coast guy for all but one year of his coaching career, he doesn't have to move very far, and he gets to stay in the same recruiting grounds and the same time zone. Well done for the other Huskies.

The good news is that while Wake's or Rutgers's coaching searches are likely to impact whom we choose, and Washington's might have, Boise's will likely not.
for us, Wake moreso than RU.. RU hasn't fired its coach yet... and if we're smart, we should have a guy in place by next week and not prolong the process...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Agree. I'm interested to see how much Petersen will be paid. If it's well less than the rumored $6M/yr that USC was prepared to pay, then Haden will have lots of explaining to do. USC seems to be too married to tradition and hiring "one of their own" than getting the best fit and it will likely cost them Rose Bowl appearances (to Washington, probably) in the future.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
for us, Wake moreso than RU.. RU hasn't fired its coach yet... and if we're smart, we should have a guy in place by next week and not prolong the process...

Agree. We need to hire within a week of our season ending. If we wait until January, we are going to end up with another Pasqualoni/Whipple debate, I fear.

Reaction Score
If Rutgers fires their coach, and they want Narduzzi, then that affects us. Same with Lembo.

Reaction Score
first thought this means DeRuyter is in play now, perhaps for UConn. second thought is who will be coaching Boise when they come here next September?

Reaction Score
How so? For hiring Sark?

I don't think you would have ever seen Petersen @ USC. As they say - "not a good fit". Too much of a fishbowl which Petersen is said to abhor. Think UDub is a better fit.

Sark is such an undewhelming hire for USC. It's almost the equivalent of the P hire 3 years ago. Seems like a fall back option given who they were interviewing. I personally like James Franklin and would've made a big play for him. Couple this with what I felt was an idiotic hiring of the FGCU coach......Haden has not impressed me at all.

UW just upgraded their coach for less money. Good for them.

Reaction Score
Sark is such an undewhelming hire for USC. It's almost the equivalent of the P hire 3 years ago. Seems like a fall back option given who they were interviewing. I personally like James Franklin and would've made a big play for him. Couple this with what I felt was an idiotic hiring of the FGCU coach......Haden has not impressed me at all.

UW just upgraded their coach for less money. Good for them.

Got ya Jimmy...I agree w/ that point regarding SS (and Franklin). Thought it was pointed @ Petersen.

Reaction Score
Got ya Jimmy...I agree w/ that point regarding SS (and Franklin). Thought it was pointed @ Petersen.

Well Haden looks like an idiot because if you asked 10 AD's whether they'd want Sark or Peterson as coach.....8 or 9 of them would probably say Peterson. I agree it's the not the best fit, but Sark is just so underwhelming.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The definitive sign that non-P-5 programs can't sustain that level of success. BSU's run as a BCS-buster is over.

Reaction Score
Nice coin for Petersen ...

coin.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members