Coaching Changes Daily: Ranking the Top 10 coaching hires | The Boneyard

Coaching Changes Daily: Ranking the Top 10 coaching hires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn @ #2 behind Chris Peterson @ U-Dub (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...anges-daily-ranking-the-top-10-coaching-hires)

2. Bob Diaco, UConn: Yes, UConn. Diaco might not be a savior, but he's exactly what the Huskies need. Some non-BCS programs need a marketer/CEO as much as a good ball coach, though the latter is imperative. Diaco has the potential to do both very well. He's energetic and well-prepared.

Reaction Score
Jeremy Fowler is pretty straight up...calls them like they are. If you are a college football fan and see his top 10..they are pretty much inline..I will say I was a little shocked to see us at #2..only because I'm used to not seeing us on any of those lists.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
As a glass-half-empty kind of guy, I feel it is my responsibility to point out that he couldn't have just ranked us #2. He had to write "yes, UConn" like we are some kind of national joke. #RodneyDangerfield #NoRespect

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
No kidding. I'm used to seeing UCONN on the Misery List, Worst 10, and Coaching Hot Seat lists…never something positive. Although my biased opinion thinks our Diaco hire is #1, I won't worry about it much. If/When UCONN escapes its AAC purgatory sentence, I'm going to guess that it will be because of Bob Diaco.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
What was written for Chris Peterson? I'd venture to guess that a G5 school landing a Broyles award winner from a National Championship caliber program as recently as 2 years prior is a bigger get than a P5 school plucking one of the more successful G5 programs in recent years. Might just be me though...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As a glass-half-empty kind of guy, I feel it is my responsibility to point out that he couldn't have just ranked us #2. He had to write "yes, UConn" like we are some kind of national joke. #RodneyDangerfield #NoRespect

I mean, we're higher up on the list than Penn State, which you might not expect. No need to take it as a sign of disrespect.

Reaction Score

It's just a play on words first used by Jim Nance after the first BB championship. "Do you believe in miracles" was taken, I guess. I don't think anything untoward is intended. Bad marks for originality, though.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I agree with Matt. I took it as a: "You heard me right. I said UConn." I believe that was how it was intended.

For the record, there was a bit of that same intent from Nance as well. UConn was a 9 1/2 point underdog and the only people thinking they had a shot that night were in the home locker room at Tropicana field or residing within 200 miles of Storrs, CT.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I agree with Matt. I took it as a: "You heard me right. I said UConn." I believe that was how it was intended.

For the record, there was a bit of that same intent from Nance as well. UConn was a 9 1/2 point underdog and the only people thinking they had a shot that night were in the home locker room at Tropicana field or residing within 200 miles of Storrs, CT.

Diaco is going to be very media friendly and quotable - the anti-Randy.

If we win, we will garner a multiplier effect of attention. Which is exactly what we need right now.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
It's just a play on words first used by Jim Nance after the first BB championship. "Do you believe in miracles" was taken, I guess. I don't think anything untoward is intended. Bad marks for originality, though.

Yeah, I remember Nantz's call, and if you are right that this is supposed a copy of it, then yup... Very poor grade for originality.

Reaction Score

Seriously? Your well of misery must be pretty deep to take that highly complimentary article as a negative.

Reaction Score
I'm glad we're #2. It just seems like even when we get positive credit they have to guzzle up a big spitball to remind everybody that we don't deserve any respect. Sorry Metsfan. Name the other schools that this happens to almost every time.

Reaction Score
smile.png
That's what poor perception can do to a football program.We will see a big perception change with Coach D.:)

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

I mean, we're higher up on the list than Penn State, which you might not expect. No need to take it as a sign of disrespect.

I don't disagree with you, Loop, but i'm more impressed that we rank above two iconic programs like Texas and USC as well as newbie respected programs like Boise State and Ville.

Love ya, Mange but there's nothing to feel disrespected about in that article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom