Coaching "carousel of progress" continued | The Boneyard

Coaching "carousel of progress" continued

Reaction Score
Moorehead fell upwards too, to HC. And now he's trending down. But still in a great place.

As I mentioned in the previous thread, I follow the Ducks pretty closely as well, so I am thrilled with the Morehead hire as OC. I also actually do think Orlando will do fine at USC. Just find it funny that he went from fired DC at Texas, to LB coach at Texas Tech, to DC at USC in the same offseason.

Reaction Score
talk about failing upwards
Moorehead fell upwards too, to HC. And now he's trending down. But still in a great place.

that’s a pretty good fall for joe. OU and Cristobal will benefit. I never understood how he could succeed at MSU or why he took that gig, but after 2-3 years in Pinot noir country, and look for him backas a HC - I’d say BIG

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
AAC set to lose another coach? Life in the faux P6.

Reaction Score
AAC set to lose another coach? Life in the faux P6.

Seems like a logical candidate given the style of coaching and that's where Dantonio came from. Would be a big blow to Cincinnati. They are set to sign a class with four 4 star recruits tomorrow (just got a highly ranked WR to flip today). In fact, they beat out MSU for a number of players in this class. Would be interesting to see who they try to grab to replace Fickell.

Reaction Score
I saw him doing another year there. Odd time to walk. I thought this could be a landing spot for Joe Moorhead. Fickle makes sense.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
That's really surprising. That says a lot about his character that he didn't jump at the first semi good job. He is waiting for a first tier offering. Michigan, OSU, Penn St, ND. MSU isn't a bad job....but... It first tier. Cincy dodged a bullet.

I know MSU is in a P5 conference and all that, but they are at best the 4th best program in their own division. What Dantonio accomplished there getting that program to the CFP should be considered nothing short of remarkable.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I know MSU is in a P5 conference and all that, but they are at best the 4th best program in their own division. What Dantonio accomplished there getting that program to the CFP should be considered nothing short of remarkable.
It's still a much better job than Cincy. As I said...not top tier, but better than most B1G jobs, just not top tier.

I think it's smart of him to wait. I think he can get a top job when one opens...why lock yourself in on a second tier job when a year or two from now you can get the dream job.

Most coaches believe in bird in the hand...I give him credit for thinking big picture and having confidence that the big job will be there without having to take the half step at MSU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom