Coaching and Recruiting to a System | The Boneyard

Coaching and Recruiting to a System

Reaction Score
Just check out Rick Barnes and Tennessee. Hired in 2015 and put together 2 recruiting classes that are literally a bunch of 3 stars. Projected as a 3 seed. Barnes has a desk on the floor of the gym and spends virtually no time in his office. He coaches and teaches. Amazing to watch them play defend and battle. Barnes gets every ounce of effort out of each player. I won't even go into the limited offer lists for his players, but it is quite an eye opener

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just check out Rick Barnes and Tennessee. Hired in 2015 and put together 2 recruiting classes that are literally a bunch of 3 stars. Projected as a 3 seed. Barnes has a desk on the floor of the gym and spends virtually no time in his office. He coaches and teaches. Amazing to watch them play defend and battle. Barnes gets every ounce of effort out of each player. I won't even go into the limited offer lists for his players, but it is quite an eye opener

I guess our guy spends all of his time in his office from what you are implying?

Reaction Score
This is zenlike samurai master type stuff. Legendary.

Barnes been around for a while. This incarnation sounds cool.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
And Barnes has zero nattys and one FF appearance, IIRC. He did once pick a fight with Dean Smith on the sideline when he was the head coach at Clemson. He claimed Smith had deliberately told his players to goon it up.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They’ve gotten some bigger recruits recently but Gonzaga is the best example ot this

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom