Coaches Poll Rankings: Seriously? And Great! | The Boneyard

Coaches Poll Rankings: Seriously? And Great!

Reaction Score
Incredibly, The Coaches Poll has Texas only moving up to 8th. Seriously? They just defeated Florida State at Florida State, but Florida State is still ranked ahead of Texas? I don't think so. And Baylor remains four places higher than Texas in 4th, even though Texas defeated Baylor just days ago?

Sorry, but reality would demand that Texas, given the way it's been playing for many weeks, should be ranked in the top four.

But, lo and behold, another AAC team is now nationally ranked: Temple is now #25. Congratulations to UConn alumnae head coach Tonya Cardoza and assistant coach Wilnett Crockett!

Tennessee continues its up-and-down season by dropping out of the Top 25- again.

So UConn has now played and defeated 11 teams ranked in the Top 25: that includes Temple and K-State, though neither was ranked at the time UConn played them. Shouldn't matter. They've defeated 12 teams who have garnered votes in the rankings: Dayton.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Temple ?? Temple???
you-got-a-problem-with-that-meme-14438.jpg

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think Texas may be the second best team in the nation at this point. However, those 4 losses hurt their ranking. If Texas beats Baylor again Monday night I'm guessing they will be top 4 and looking at a 1 seeding in the NCAA tourney. Even if the lose to Baylor Monday they still could earn a 1 seed with a Big 12 tourney championship.

This is what I expected when the season started. It just took Texas a little longer to get here than I expected. The competition between Texas and Baylor should help both in March.

Reaction Score
I think Texas may be the second best team in the nation at this point. However, those 4 losses hurt their ranking. If Texas beats Baylor again Monday night I'm guessing they will be top 4 and looking at a 1 seeding in the NCAA tourney. Even if the lose to Baylor Monday they still could earn a 1 seed with a Big 12 tourney championship.

This is what I expected when the season started. It just took Texas a little longer to get here than I expected. The competition between Texas and Baylor should help both in March.
Texas is getting it together at the right time. Kudos.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Coaches moved NCState down 1 spot to 18th in this weeks rankings. Me likes the AP poll better! :)

Reaction Score
K-State game with West Virginia is coming down to the wire. K-State spotted WV a fourteen point lead, but cut it down to 3 at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom