Coach Sal | The Boneyard

Coach Sal

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
His impact is slowly being felt. Josh’s improved strength, BA’s improved flexibility/agility, AG’s durability(we’re no longer questioning if he’ll get back up after contact). It’s the little things like Josh’s above the rim stuff and his numerous through contact finishes last night, he wouldn’t have been able to do those things the last couple years. Without Sal we’re not in this position. He’s been instrumental in this rebuild and doesn’t get enough credit.

Reaction Score
His impact is slowly being felt. Josh’s improved strength, BA’s improved flexibility/agility, AG’s durability(we’re no longer questioning if he’ll get back up after contact). It’s the little things like Josh’s above the rim stuff and his numerous through contact finishes last night, he wouldn’t have been able to do those things the last couple years. Without Sal we’re not in this position. He’s been instrumental in this rebuild and doesn’t get enough credit.
Doesn’t get enough credit for sure, especially if you ask Chief.

Reaction Score
Has had a huge impact for sure. Mention of him reminds me of when the last guy brought in his S & C coach and the guy left two months later before the season even started! What a trainwreck.

Reaction Score
I hope they can keep him for a couple of years!

Reaction Score
I've heard multiple times he really likes it here. He has two young kids, and he and his wife are from Long Island. Hurley gives him the freedom to do things his way. As long as he is compensated fairly he will be here for the long term.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I agree he has had an impact on most of the kids - Akok and JA especially
As far a JC is concerned - his above the rim stuff and thru contact so far has been questionable. Yeah he did it last night when their bigs were out but please refer to DH's comments over the course of the season concerning his perception of the lack of mobility and toughness of the bigs. Has JC gotten bigger? yes but I think it has slowed him down also
This is not taking away from what Coach Sal has done for most of the players but in JC's case not convinced it has been a huge benefit but we shall see. I am hoping he proves me wrong
AG is much stronger for sure and I am happy he had the complete surgery. He is showing a higher level of comfort in full usage - I am sure Coach Sal has heped with that
Lets get JB to add some good weight and muscle and he will be that much better
Coach Sal is a great addition

Reaction Score
Although Sid looks stronger, he more than anyone needs a ton of work with Sal. He still misses too many bunnies under the rim because he is not strong enough to score through contract and instead fades aways and has his shot blocked or misses in anticipation of a block.

Reaction Score
It starts at the top. DH made it happen, glad Sal is with us

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I agree that Coach Sal has had an impact, but in terms of Josh and Isiah, Kenya Hunter has had an equal or more impact. IMO Josh's big game against Iona coincided with Coach Hunter's return to the bench!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Doesn’t get enough credit for sure, especially if you ask Chief.
S & C coaches rarely do. The combo of Jerry Martin and Dr Kramer (legend) at Uconn with JC broke a lot of ground on training and strength. Rarely heard about.

Reaction Score
I agree that Coach Sal has had an impact, but in terms of Josh and Isiah, Kenya Hunter has had an equal or more impact. IMO Josh's big game against Iona coincided with Coach Hunter's return to the bench!

I think this is right. Ollie never had a competent big man coach and it showed. Hurley has brought a level of professionalism to the Huskies - top to bottom- that was lacking for a number of years.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I've heard multiple times he really likes it here. He has two young kids, and he and his wife are from Long Island. Hurley gives him the freedom to do things his way. As long as he is compensated fairly he will be here for the long term.

Not only that, but he's mentioned before that he's really grateful Hurley stuck his neck out and took a chance on him.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Although Sid looks stronger, he more than anyone needs a ton of work with Sal. He still misses too many bunnies under the rim because he is not strong enough to score through contract and instead fades aways and has his shot blocked or misses in anticipation of a block.

He needs more strength/muscle to be sure, but I think he's strong enough to finish. I just don't think his technique is that good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom