Coach Randy Edsall @ Middlesex Chamber of Commerce Breakfast - August 18th. | The Boneyard

Coach Randy Edsall @ Middlesex Chamber of Commerce Breakfast - August 18th.

Reaction Score

@Slick to answer your message - This is from an article by Mike Anthony in the NH Register last week. It appears that if a student-athlete choses not get a vaccine - it doesn’t mean they are prohibited from playing on the surface:

-> UConn athletes reluctant to get vaccinated consult their sport’s athletic trainer and, if so desired, meet with Casiero.

“We sit in a completely judgement-free zone,” she said. “I provide them with medical facts, scientific papers and resources. Some of them walk away from those encounters deciding to get vaccinated, and some do not… If an athlete chooses not to get vaccinated, that is their right, as it stands now at the university. But there are additional mitigation strategies that athlete has to undergo in order to play sports at the University of Connecticut.”

Vaccinated UConn athletes are not tested for COVID unless they exhibit symptoms. If deemed a close contact, they are not required to quarantine, instead made to wear a mask for 14 days (or produce a negative test in days 3-5). Unvaccinated athletes are tested weekly, monitored regularly and must quarantine for 10-14 days following close contact. <-

Reaction Score

The full quote from McFarland’s Courant article on the event: “Those guys have been competing, and they’re still competing,” Edsall said. “But when it’s time for us to put out a depth chart and everything else, we will. I’ll be very comfortable with whoever the quarterback is, but also know this: Whoever the starter is going to be, the guy that’s the backup has got to be ready to play as well. So I think the one thing is, we’ll be more than capable with our starter, we’ll be more than capable with whoever our backup is going to be.”

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
@Slick to answer your message - This is from an article by Mike Anthony in the NH Register last week. It appears that if a student-athlete choses not get a vaccine - it doesn’t mean they are prohibited from playing on the surface:

-> UConn athletes reluctant to get vaccinated consult their sport’s athletic trainer and, if so desired, meet with Casiero.

“We sit in a completely judgement-free zone,” she said. “I provide them with medical facts, scientific papers and resources. Some of them walk away from those encounters deciding to get vaccinated, and some do not… If an athlete chooses not to get vaccinated, that is their right, as it stands now at the university. But there are additional mitigation strategies that athlete has to undergo in order to play sports at the University of Connecticut.”

Vaccinated UConn athletes are not tested for COVID unless they exhibit symptoms. If deemed a close contact, they are not required to quarantine, instead made to wear a mask for 14 days (or produce a negative test in days 3-5). Unvaccinated athletes are tested weekly, monitored regularly and must quarantine for 10-14 days following close contact. <-
On top of everything else, the fact that being unvaccinated exposes you to a 2 week quarantine versus limited mask requirement should be sufficient. Those players choosing not to get vaccinated should have their spot on the team reduced; you simply can't rely on them being available against that backdrop.

Reaction Score
The full quote from McFarland’s Courant article on the event: “Those guys have been competing, and they’re still competing,” Edsall said. “But when it’s time for us to put out a depth chart and everything else, we will. I’ll be very comfortable with whoever the quarterback is, but also know this: Whoever the starter is going to be, the guy that’s the backup has got to be ready to play as well. So I think the one thing is, we’ll be more than capable with our starter, we’ll be more than capable with whoever our backup is going to be.”
One of the QB should be ahead by now. Randy has seen them both for 2 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom