Coach Q Is Coming Back For More | The Boneyard

Coach Q Is Coming Back For More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He had a good year. As the saying goes, one must make hay while the sun shines.

The Syracuse women's team should very seriously consider playing their home games at a much, much smaller campus location. Or schedule games in tandem with the men. Back in 1995 the UConn men's and women's teams traveled to Kansas for a double header during which the Kansas women gave our eventual undefeated champs a run for their money; Helped in large part by a partisan crowd that kept growing as the game entered the crucial later stages. Does anyone know why Coach Calhoun soured on any future double headers with the women? I know the men lost but it was Kansas in Kansas. Maybe I will post the question on the men's board.

Reaction Score

There are a few things about Q I have not liked.
But to say he isn't a good to great coach isn't one of them. He earned the extension probably long before the Final 4 games. Success breeds recruits that breed success--perpetual motion, if you are talented and lucky.

Reaction Score
He had a good year. As the saying goes, one must make hay while the sun shines.

The Syracuse women's team should very seriously consider playing their home games at a much, much smaller campus location. Or schedule games in tandem with the men. Back in 1995 the UConn men's and women's teams traveled to Kansas for a double header during which the Kansas women gave our eventual undefeated champs a run for their money; Helped in large part by a partisan crowd that kept growing as the game entered the crucial later stages. Does anyone know why Coach Calhoun soured on any future double headers with the women? I know the men lost but it was Kansas in Kansas. Maybe I will post the question on the men's board.
Not sure about that particular issue
But Jim and Geno were oil and water. My Opinion, for what it's worth, Jim was a bit put out by Geno's successes---heck anyone could win with a women's team?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I thought the issue was as much about the amount of press and fan support the women received and their 'equal' standing in CT as anything specific to Geno that riled Jim.

Good for Q.

And yes - they could really use a better home court than the dome. It surprises me that they don't get a little better fan support in Syracuse, but they are never going to get enough to fill that barn.

Reaction Score
I do not think his metrics add up.... no concern over FG %....... just shoot lots of 3s

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not sure about that particular issue
But Jim and Geno were oil and water. My Opinion, for what it's worth, Jim was a bit put out by Geno's successes---heck anyone could win with a women's team?
Geno vs. Jim
Geno vs. Pat
Geno vs. Muffet
Now its Geno vs. JPM?

Maybe, just maybe, it wasn't entirely Calhoun's issue?

FWIW, Calhoun has a lot of respect for what Geno has acheived.

Reaction Score
I do not think his metrics add up.... no concern over FG %.. just shoot lots of 3s

An interesting basketball concept to be sure. Can it endure? It is an experiment/chance/concept/strategy Coach Q has been willing to take.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Something worth pondering:
What Coach Q could have done with the talent that Coach P has had at Duke in recent years.;)
Something else worth pondering:
How long Coach Q's interview for the Duke HC job would last.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member