Coach P's Press conference | The Boneyard

Coach P's Press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I saw coach P's press conference today. I was very impressed with how animated and enthusiastic he was when discussing the development of individual players. He showed a side of his personality I had no seen before. He really loves the game of football and developing players. In the long run I think UConn is in good hands.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I saw coach P's press conference today. I was very impressed with how animated and enthusiastic he was when discussing the development of individual players. He showed a side of his personality I had no seen before. He really loves the game of football and developing players. In the long run I think UConn is in good hands.
Do you have a link? I'd like to see that. For the most part unless Coach P is scowling, I feel the compelled to run over and check for a pulse.

Reaction Score
brian-kelly-2-140x140.jpg
bo-pelini_original_display_image.jpg

Not quite sure what people want out of Paulie P....hes the head coach, the manager

He needs to have a level head at all times, do you want a Bo Pelini or a Brian Kelly.....I don't, personally I think they look ridiculous on TV and don't set the example for the kids. The captain needs to maintain the course and not disengage the players.....let the coordinators get in the kids faces and yell and scream.....I respect how calm P looks out there

Reaction Score
Do you have a link? I'd like to see that. For the most part unless Coach P is scowling, I feel the compelled to run over and check for a pulse.
I watched it on TV (SNY), but there is a video of it at the UConn site. Here is the link.

Code:
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/allaccess/

Reaction Score
Holgerson and Muschamp also have looked like they have come off their meds at times.

Reaction Score
88, I'll bet his therapist needed to see a therapist after the Syracuse game session.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Just curious - do you think PP is an upgrade from FUCRE?

Reaction Score
I loved what Coach P has said since he showed up.

My problem is that he has said one thing and done another. If he coached the way he talked, I think his results would be better this year.

He deserves the time to have the program match his vision. We won't have to guess, we'll know in a couple of years if he's better than Edsall.

Reaction Score
I loved what Coach P has said since he showed up.

My problem is that he has said one thing and done another. If he coached the way he talked, I think his results would be better this year.

He deserves the time to have the program match his vision. We won't have to guess, we'll know in a couple of years if he's better than Edsall.
+1

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
In recruiting yes I think he's an upgrade, anything else no not really. If anything they're both as stubborn as oxes and make questionable decisions regarding the depth chart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
In recruiting yes I think he's an upgrade, anything else no not really. If anything they're both as stubborn as oxes and make questionable decisions regarding the depth chart.

Which, in some respects, means he doesn't cave ... and that is something I want in a head coach.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

He was like that from the presser when he was hired. He's very passionate.

Reaction Score
He is great with the press. If he can win and get himself on tv more, it will only help with his already decent recruiting. P has a lot of potential. Hopefully, a year under his belt will help him shake off the rust and get on his game. Honestly, being out of the college game and not being a head coach for a while has probably affected his sideline skills to a degree. Spending a year here and reflecting on some of his mistakes will help him next year.

I liken it to an old job I had. I was in sales for a great company and traveled all over making deals, putting up huge numbers and breaking every company record. I was on fire at that point. I left that job looking for a new challenge, more money etc. and after a year I realized I should have stayed with my old job. I was able to go back and it took me a good 4-6 months to get my down again. I had forgotten most of my quick responses, the analogies I used, the number crunching in my head....everything was rusty and nowhere near what it had been. In time, I was better than ever but there were times when I questioned my ability to get back on top.

Being a head coach has to be similar. You are reacting to so many different things, recalling plays, thinking about the clock, watching the use of your backs, thinking about scoring while on offense all while looking ahead to when you are going to be back on defense. There is just a lot going on in a football game and my hope is that P and Co. put it all together and start clicking on all cylinders next year. I think that despite his age and experience, he can get much better next year simply by being acclimated.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
He is great with the press. If he can win and get himself on tv more, it will only help with his already decent recruiting. P has a lot of potential. Hopefully, a year under his belt will help him shake off the rust and get on his game. Honestly, being out of the college game and not being a head coach for a while has probably affected his sideline skills to a degree. Spending a year here and reflecting on some of his mistakes will help him next year.

I liken it to an old job I had. I was in sales for a great company and traveled all over making deals, putting up huge numbers and breaking every company record. I was on fire at that point. I left that job looking for a new challenge, more money etc. and after a year I realized I should have stayed with my old job. I was able to go back and it took me a good 4-6 months to get my down again. I had forgotten most of my quick responses, the analogies I used, the number crunching in my head....everything was rusty and nowhere near what it had been. In time, I was better than ever but there were times when I questioned my ability to get back on top.

Being a head coach has to be similar. You are reacting to so many different things, recalling plays, thinking about the clock, watching the use of your backs, thinking about scoring while on offense all while looking ahead to when you are going to be back on defense. There is just a lot going on in a football game and my hope is that P and Co. put it all together and start clicking on all cylinders next year. I think that despite his age and experience, he can get much better next year simply by being acclimated.
+100 I totally agree, my thoughts exactly, no question he was rusty to start. I don't think I can totally assess his ability for at least another year. The recruiting looks to be a nice step up, how far may take 2 or more yrs or it may take less. Personally I think we are better off than if RE was still here. And of course who knows who the hell will be in or out of the Big East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom