Coach Poffenbarger steps down | The Boneyard

Coach Poffenbarger steps down

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
Saylor's mom has stepped down as coach of the Middletown HS girls team. Have to imagine the family wants the flexibility to watch or attend Saylor's games on a regular basis. Saylor's brother Reese is a sophomore QB at Old Dominion and that may have factored in as well.

OT: just noticed I joined the BY one year ago today. Big thanks to the mods and all the friendly and knowledgeable members.

Reaction Score
Good thing Geno has stocked his team with lots of players given how many walking wounded there are!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
much better to be recovering from injuries now rather than in November/December!!
I am concerned about Poffenbarger. UConn has a history of first or second year players who are injured who have trouble catching up to the rest of the team and wind up sitting a lot and never catch up and wind up leaving. Courtney, Butler, and Banks are just a few. I think Saylor has the talent to be a really good player.

Reaction Score
I am concerned about Poffenbarger. UConn has a history of first or second year players who are injured who have trouble catching up to the rest of the team and wind up sitting a lot and never catch up and wind up leaving. Courtney, Butler, and Banks are just a few. I think Saylor has the talent to be a really good player.
I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt regarding last season............the good news is that it was a "freebie"so the question is how serious is her current injury and is it an ongoing issue...........if she's 100% by the start of the season her success will only be limited by her quality of play just like the rest of the team.........

Reaction Score
Saylor's mom has stepped down as coach of the Middletown HS girls team. Have to imagine the family wants the flexibility to watch or attend Saylor's games on a regular basis. Saylor's brother Reese is a sophomore QB at Old Dominion and that may have factored in as well.

just noticed I joined the BY one year ago today. Big thanks to the mods and all the friendly and knowledgeable members.
Happy "Boneyard" Birthday to you!!

PS: I, myself, have just joined the BY, even though I've read the members' opinions for years.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Happy "Boneyard" Birthday to you!!

PS: I, myself, have just joined the BY, even though I've read the members' opinions for years.
Since you chose to comment on a Saylor thread, allow me to say welcome aboard the SS Boneyard. Fair winds and following seas to you.

Reaction Score
Since you chose to comment on a Saylor thread, allow me to say welcome aboard the SS Boneyard. Fair winds and following seas to you.
Thank you, Bama. I’ve already felt the warm welcome from several BYders.
Have a great day!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Thank you, Bama. I’ve already felt the warm welcome from several BYders.
Have a great day!
Warning! Some welcomes here are "warmer" than others, but you will sort it all. Go Huskies!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom