Coach P: Confident In MacEntee, Defense Needs To Improve | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Coach P: Confident In MacEntee, Defense Needs To Improve

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Many of us are wondering why Nebrich only got in on one series at Vandy... Here's a quote from a Jeff Jacobs piece pushing for Nebrich to start:

"Last week, I had a couple of bad practices," Nebrich said. "I've got to perform every day."

This is the kind of thing you don't necessarily hear about in the press, at least around this program. Here's hoping all QBs have productive practices this week.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Many of us are wondering why Nebrich only got in on one series at Vandy... Here's a quote from a Jeff Jacobs piece pushing for Nebrich to start:

This is the kind of thing you don't necessarily hear about in the press, at least around this program. Here's hoping all QBs have productive practices this week.

It's a Calhoun move!

Reaction Score
I still vividly remember the offensive display we put on against UVA at the Rent in '08. I'd pay heavily to see something like that again.

A great night indeed. But it was the Donald Brown show. One dimensional. You can be one dimensional in the running game IF you have better personnel at each position, which UConn certain had vs Virginia. But that's not usually been the case for UConn. Quickest way to level out disparities in college football is to force an opponent's defense to have to cover the entire field. Need to spread things out and throw the ball.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
A great night indeed. But it was the Donald Brown show. One dimensional. You can be one dimensional in the running game IF you have better personnel at each position, which UConn certain had vs Virginia. But that's not usually been the case for UConn. Quickest way to level out disparities in college football is to force an opponent's defense to have to cover the entire field. Need to spread things out and throw the ball.
That was a pretty talented UVA team. Not as talented as they were the year earlier but they put more of their defensive players into the NFL than we did offensive players from that game.

That was an instance where what you see can be impressive enough (Tyler's passing I that game) where even a small quantity has the appearance of abundance. I was stunned when I saw the box score the day later to see how few passes Tyler threw as he picked UVA apart when he did pass. High efficiency in the passing game is what is important, not quantity of throws (although I know you'll never believe this). If we can put together a passing game like that we'll beat anyone on our schedule.

Reaction Score
What I find amazing is this. These QB"s play against a pretty good, aggressive defense every day in practice. Granted it's practice, but you figure they can hold their own.

I still think that play calling, sideline stuff was a bigger factor than we think. Holding out DJ. I don't know - we gotta win that game. He can rest against Western Michigan and Buffalo. Maybe they are experimenting a little. Throw it out there see what happens.

The whole thing looked askew. It's like they are learning on the job. We have better talent.

I remember a quote by DeLeone saying how hard the first year was going to be. How they were thrown in there to change everything all at once and next year would be better. RE leaves in January and they gotta pick up the pieces. Now I know what he was talking about.

I say Friday is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99