Coach Ollie's prediction for the AAC tourney | The Boneyard

Coach Ollie's prediction for the AAC tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I can't argue with him. He knows the team better than we do.

I too am hoping and not much more.

Reaction Score
I love the guy, but what else can he say? Based on actual performance, I would say that on Sunday they will either be in the stands or somewhere on campus watching another team cut the net down. This isn't a case of a team peaking at the right time.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
He is going to return to the XL Center to help Cincinnati cut down the nets? Kevin Ollie is a class act.

Reaction Score
Hopefully they can cut down the "nets" on Sunday but don't know if this team can be consistent enough to play with enough offensive proficiency and defensive intensity to accomplish a tourney championship. They definitely have their "backs against the wall" and it is "put up or shut up time" as they say. Hopefully they will "leave it all out on the court" and give their best effort. Would be a good idea to "guard the three line" and make their foul shots. Hopefully they will "drive toward the basket" and not settle for last second of possession desperation long jump shots. We shall see. UConn has beaten SMU and Tulsa so hopefully they will have the confidence and poise needed to give their best effort. I hope if they don't make the NCAA tourney that they will also give their best effort in the NIT if they end up there and represent UCONN as best they can. Remember the NIT is on TV AND a chance to play in MSG if they get to the NIT final 4. Let's hope they can win the tourney but no matter what lets hope they give maximum effort and then see what happens.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He should have gone with, "Pain." He'd have been right either way.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
In respect to Ollie's first game he ever coached, I'm ready to go!!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Coach you haven't won four in a row all year, your second best player's grandmother died 3,000 miles away - can you please use the word guarantee in your response - because that would seemingly change the results of the games.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Coach you haven't won four in a row all year, your second best player's grandmother died 3,000 miles away - can you please use the word guarantee in your response - because that would seemingly change the results of the games.
Detecting a hint of sarcasm there...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
When UConn wins the next 4 games, they are no higher than a 12 seed...then knock off the 5 in typical fashion...

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He is going to return to the XL Center to help Cincinnati cut down the nets? Kevin Ollie is a class act.

Did you know he also helps put away the folding chairs at the end of every convalescent home bingo match in Connecticut?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Will you be at the tournament Kobe? Is Cincy sending a large contingent, do you know?

Reaction Score

It is remarkable. Not wanting to see all of our big 4 showing up for the same games, or fewer turnovers, or more consistent D. But wanting to see more conviction in a friggin tweet.

I obviously don't get it.

Reaction Score
Detecting a hint of sarcasm there...

Are you kidding? This baby's off the charts!

maxresdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC