OT: Coach K's Ironic Foreign Policy Stance | The Boneyard

OT: Coach K's Ironic Foreign Policy Stance

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
"And for decades and decades, the fact that we are a free country and we don’t play home games here is a result of having boots on the ground."

So he wants the US to only play away games? Hypocrite. (It's unclear whether he thinks we should be open to playing ISIS in the Meadowlands.)

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/11/coach-k-Obama-isis-christian-laettner.html

Reaction Score
Does the idiot author know he's a West Point grad and served five years as an officer?

Because sports hurr durr

Reaction Score
Does the idiot author know he's a West Point grad and served five years as an officer?

Because sports hurr durr

Ahh, so that makes a moronic sports metaphor from a whiny blowhard less moronic. Got it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He could have taken two shots across the bow if he used a different bb analogy. Of course his political viewpoint would need to change.

He should have said we're only putting boots on the ground if other countries do most of the heavy lifting. We've already done our share. Just putting U.S boots on the ground would be like faux UNC classes in which only athletes attended instead of a mix of athletes and non athletes.;)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Mock outrage is tiring.

His point was that the President shouldn't have announced that we would not send troops even if we were not going to send troops.

That is not an unreasonable opinion.

I do endorse ending Laettner overseas and into harm's way, but I don't know if that's on the table.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Mock outrage is tiring.

His point was that the President shouldn't have announced that we would not send troops even if we were not going to send troops.

That is not an unreasonable opinion.

I do endorse ending Laettner overseas and into harm's way, but I don't know if that's on the table.
After reading your first line I wasn't sure whose mock outrage you were referring to.

His opinion is only reasonable until the first reporter started hounding Obama about the troops and/or other foreign big wigs began hounding him. By the time Mike spoke the issue would have been determined. So Obama tipped his hand one or two days before people figured it out. Not sure in the course of events that mattered.

Plus Obama still has the players on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom