Coach Diaco | The Boneyard

Coach Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bob Diaco is scheduled to speak to the crowd Saturday night when Uconn host Louisville. 1o to 12 recruits are scheduled to attend and Njoku is one of them. I guess he's not taking the Penn State visit.

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-football/rutgers-de-commit-set-to-visit-uconn-this-weekend/

It's happening, slow, because Paul Pasqualoni really soured me on the whole concept, but my man crush is growing. I need to pace myself though, it's still 7 months about until game day.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have a rivals dot com membership to open up this article:

http://connecticut.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1598774

With full attribution and thanks to UConn Eric @ TOS!

>>A source close to the program told UConnReport that one of Diaco's first orders of business is to update the players lounge inside of the football facility. Diaco wants to make the team lounge a place that's fun and a place that the players will want to hang out at and build camaraderie. Diaco wants to change little things from getting in the right kind of snacks for the players to putting in Xbox's and PlayStation's in the lounge. Diaco was baffled that the lounge didn't have those types of things already."He wants the guys there and hanging out with each other," said the source. Another change that Diaco plans to make is the meal that the team will eat together. Under Coach P the team had breakfast together. Apparently the idea was setup as a way to make sure the players were going to class. Diaco sees no sense in doing a breakfast because if the players don't go to class then they won't be part of the program. Instead, Diaco thinks more can be accomplished through a team dinner.<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't blow your entire energy bucket in January. Pace yourself Carl.

Oh no Jimmy, I can blow my energy bucket anytime,that's the neat thing about energy buckets, you have the choice to give it out when you overflow.

I enjoy pouring mine out because my refractory period is damn quick and I fill it back up - instantaneous. For me, it's about the choice of where that energy is going. I've been reluctant because of the last coaching experience. But I'm getting there.

Reaction Score
With full attribution to UConn Eric @ TOS!

>>A source close to the program told UConnReport that one of Diaco's first orders of business is to update the players lounge inside of the football facility. Diaco wants to make the team lounge a place that's fun and a place that the players will want to hang out at and build camaraderie. Diaco wants to change little things from getting in the right kind of snacks for the players to putting in Xbox's and PlayStation's in the lounge. Diaco was baffled that the lounge didn't have those types of things already."He wants the guys there and hanging out with each other," said the source. Another change that Diaco plans to make is the meal that the team will eat together. Under Coach P the team had breakfast together. Apparently the idea was setup as a way to make sure the players were going to class. Diaco sees no sense in doing a breakfast because if the players don't go to class then they won't be part of the program. Instead, Diaco thinks more can be accomplished through a team dinner.<<

Thanks a lot medic

Reaction Score
Oh no Jimmy, I can blow my energy bucket anytime,that's the neat thing about energy buckets, you have the choice to give it out when you overflow.

I enjoy pouring mine out because my refractory period is damn quick and I fill it back up - instantaneous. For me, it's about the choice of where that energy is going. I've been reluctant because of the last coaching experience. But I'm getting there.

TMI.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
With full attribution to UConn Eric @ TOS!

>>Diaco wants to change little things from getting in the right kind of snacks for the players to putting in Xbox's and PlayStation's in the lounge. Diaco was baffled that the lounge didn't have those types of things already."He wants the guys there and hanging out with each other," said the source.

Hopefully he gets them XBox Ones and PS4s otherwise the players won't be hanging out in there.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Like there was a chance that P or GDL had a clue what an XBox or Play Station is. I could imagine either saying "I remember that Pong thing when I first got into coaching but I didn't think it would last".

Reaction Score
Like there was a chance that P or GDL had a clue what an XBox or Play Station is. I could imagine either saying "I remember that Pong thing when I first got into coaching but I didn't think it would last".

Tetris, but they couldn't find round "thingies" that fit where the rectangles and squares were supposed to go.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Xbox and Play Station???

I have 4 years of eligibility left, and I'm willing to put my soccer experience to the test when I go out for the backup kicker role...

Reaction Score

OMG...can't believe the logic and he has only been here 3 weeks....team dinner when they are awake makes more sense...plus studies after dinner....again too much common sense going on...plus...plus..JEEZUZ-a chance to sleep in if you don't have to get up so as to rest and repair your body from practice or lifting....

Reaction Score
Xbox and Play Station???

I have 4 years of eligibility left, and I'm willing to put my soccer experience to the test when I go out for the backup kicker role...

Tryouts start with an age requirement, Danny. If you don't know XBOX and Playstation, you SOL...... What's XBOX???

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Tryouts start with an age requirement, Danny. If you don't know XBOX and Playstation, you SOL. What's XBOX???

Tryouts start with an age requirement?!? Wasn't Chris Weinke like 48 years old when he played for Florida State? For full disclosure, I'm younger than 48... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom