Coach Diaco on Geno Auriemma's Radio Show Tomorrow | The Boneyard

Coach Diaco on Geno Auriemma's Radio Show Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow, that's different. WTIC Sportstalk doesn't usually go past 7 P.M. unless there's a special sporting event being broadcast a little later in the evening. Is the station broadcasting the BCS Championship game? It's not listed as such.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Wonder if this is the official staff announcement?

Be a handy time to introduce names and then Q&A with the media types.

Reaction Score
Can someone please find me a working link so I can listen online. Don't get WTIC down here

Reaction Score
Here's the address for WTIC's schedule: "Listen Live" link is in upper right: http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/program-schedule/

I tuned in late and did not hear Coach Diaco, but the schedule for 1/6 says that Geno's show is at 7 so I don't think he's been on yet.
Does anyone have more info?

Pretty sure that that link gives you the national cbs feed and not the coaching show.

Uconn Men’s Basketball
*Due to contract restrictions games can’t be streamed at wtic.com.
1/6 Coach’s Show with Kevin Ollie 6-7pm

UConn Women’s Basketball
*Due to contract restrictions games can’t be streamed at wtic.com.
1/6 Coach’s show with Geno Auriemma 7-8pm

If IMG is involved so is money. http://www.uconnhuskies.com/allaccess/ - this shows you need to register and select a subscription.

I could be wrong but...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yeah I can't access anything. CBS Radio is on with the Chris Mohr show. Boooo

Reaction Score
If you follow the link below and make sure that "connecticut" stays in the web address once it opens in a new window for you, then I think it should work. Once there, then click on the red "Listen Live" and that should open a pop up window that has "WTIC NewsTalk 1080" as an option. Click the red "Listen Live" again and hopefully it'll work. Diaco hasn't come on yet.

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/#listen-live

Reaction Score
Geno wants our football team to have some kind of gimmicky type thing at the start of game like the Seminoles, with their warrior chief running out and throwing a spear. It's been mentioned quite a few times before on here... perhaps a husky team pulling a sled racing on like OU? Perhaps there's some push from someone on the inside

Reaction Score
Diaco on next (It's 7:27). Can't wait for my energy bucket to be filled.

Reaction Score
Geno wants our football team to have some kind of gimmicky type thing at the start of game like the Seminoles, with their warrior chief running out and throwing a spear. It's been mentioned quite a few times before on here... perhaps a husky team pulling a sled racing on like OU? Perhaps there's some push from someone on the inside

How about a Uconn javelin thrower dressed up as Jonathan? Have him take a lap around the field first on that sled idea of yours and then toss the javelin towards mid field at a Paul Pasqualoni poster.

upload_2014-1-6_19-36-46.jpeg

Reaction Score
Lot of fluff so far. Misquoted The Undertaker as The Executioner. It's more a convo type piece between Geno and Diaco, couple of various topics hit, not all related to UConn Football. He said it doesn't necessarily matter what players you get, you can find the Doug Fluties out there, as long as you get people that are just plain winners, you win. Said players have been through, staff is all there now. Doesn't sound as though they've all met up yet, but keep in mind many players aren't on campus right now.

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller7:37pm via Twitter for iPhone
Bob Diaco said he's spoken to all three QBs who started for UConn last year and is excited to work with them

NHRJimFuller7:38pm via Tout Industries
UConn football coach Bob Diaco talks about his staff on Geno Auriemma's radio showtout.com/m/wpaghj?ref=t…

desmondconner7:39pm via Twitter for iPhone
@genoauriemma is a wonderful interviewer...man! Anyway he asks Diaco about QB situation. Says Cochran, Boyle n Whitmer can spin it, hv moxie

desmondconner7:43pm via Twitter for iPhone
Sounds like Diaco likes what he's seen on film from the #UConnFootball QBs

NHRJimFuller7:48pm via Twitter for iPhone
Power and skill are priorities in recruiting for UConn football coach Bob Diaco

Edit add:

“@desmondconner: 18 likely the number #UConnFootball will try to hit in 2014 recruiting class. With nine on board staff will be crackin”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Power, Big Skill, and overall skill are what they're going to be looking to add while recruiting. Those are the criteria. Has no problem putting a guy that played something specific in high school at a place he'll likely succeed better in college, and they're going to try to be pros at projecting that while on the trail.

Reaction Score
With all the reporters there at Geno's, hopefully they'll have a chance to talk with HCBD after the show. Maybe some of their tweets, or articles, will be posted later and give us more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHuski

Top Bottom