Coach Dailey Honored | The Boneyard

Coach Dailey Honored

Reaction Score
Good for her, very deserving.

I have to wonder who wrote this though: outstanding woman who has distinguished themselves

Reaction Score
She will receive the Margo Dydek award at the Sun/Storm game on August 8th.

UConn’s Chris Dailey To Receive Margo Dydek Award - Connecticut Sun

It is nice that Christine Dailey received the Award. It is triple nice for the Sun to have a reason to fill the stands along with other Uconn great.
Christine Dailey is SO important to UConn WBB and Uconn WBB fans and she deserves any and all awards she may receive.
The amount of the award is wrong--it would have been better with no amount at all.

Reaction Score
Good for her, very deserving.

I have to wonder who wrote this though: outstanding woman who has distinguished themselves
As one who is prone to fat fingering--i.e. typographical errors on an hourly bases--the Woman/Women is not a great error--in the days of Proof Readers you would not have seen it. Spell check can only do so much--and it's worked overtime with me.

Reaction Score
B
As one who is prone to fat fingering--i.e. typographical errors on an hourly bases--the Woman/Women is not a great error--in the days of Proof Readers you would not have seen it. Spell check can only do so much--and it's worked overtime with me.
But woman or women, it's still bad grammar either way. It's just sloppy reporting.

Reaction Score
B
But woman or women, it's still bad grammar either way. It's just sloppy reporting.
you are living in the wrong era --to expect more perfect writing from the written media--proof readers, when used --earned their pay. But to my limited knowledge, and going back to a more repressive time, they are no longer hired.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Congratulations and best wished to Coach Dailey! I, for one, would like a statue of her at UConn right beside Geno!
Something like this, perhaps?

espnw_a_husk_cr_600x400.jpg

Reaction Score
For those interested: Today, Sunday, 8/6 Mike DiMauro ,New London Day, (Sorry, I don't know how to make a link), has a very nice article on Chris Dailey. I think one can access it on line. Maybe someone can create a link.
Enjoy.

Reaction Score
Did anyone attend the game to see CD honored last night? I was surprised there was no mention of it on any of the local news stations.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
D always the word smith: "I love you like a second mother." I wonder how many recruits parents have thought "well, yeah, he can be rough and a bit over the top, but our daughter will have CD ... CD will have her back."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
D always the word smith: "I love you like a second mother." I wonder how many recruits parents have thought "well, yeah, he can be rough and a bit over the top, but our daughter will have CD ... CD will have her back."
Frankly I'd rather be on Geno's bad side then CD's. In a lot of areas she is the more demanding of the two. All done with love though, and it is readily apparent that the players realize this, if only in hindsight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom