Coach Cap...where are you? | The Boneyard

Coach Cap...where are you?

Reaction Score
Coach Mella left Southington (one of the best programs in the state) to go to Avon Old Farms (one, who recruits from all corners of the world), and has sent kids to many high-level programs.

Why Bassick?

Was he pushed out??
Or is he, like, the guy who we want to root for because he’s doing things for the right reasons. Bassick is the ultimate challenge. It may be the poorest in the state.
Those kids need a program that they feel a part of. Good luck to him.

Reaction Score
Coach Mella left Southington (one of the best programs in the state) to go to Avon Old Farms (one, who recruits from all corners of the world), and has sent kids to many high-level programs.

Why Bassick?

Was he pushed out??
Or is he, like, the guy who we want to root for because he’s doing things for the right reasons. Bassick is the ultimate challenge. It may be the poorest in the state.
Those kids need a program that they feel a part of. Good luck to him.

@coachcap

Bassick hires Mella as football coach

Reaction Score
As Coach Bill & I are friends on face book, I saw this this morning. If anyone can turn moribund programs around, it's him. More important, unlike some coaches, who only play their favorites, Coach Mella finds involvement for all players on the roster. Kids respond to his coaching.. Bassick is lucky to have him.

Reaction Score
This will be his crowning professional achievement. Understandable. Sounds like the perfect guy.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Mella was my gym teacher growing up before he went to Southington.... great human.

Reaction Score
Addendum: When Coach Bill was hired at Southington (away from his asst. coach position at Trinity College), he immediately addressed the S.H.S. Gridion Club. He spoke on how humbled & proud he was to accept the Blue Knights Head Coaching Position after Coach Kelly resigned to take over at St. Paul. He stated that he hoped to do great things. Subsequently, he took his 1st 3 teams to the State playoffs, the 1st 2 to the Class LL Championship game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom