Coach Calhoun will be on Big Mike today..... | The Boneyard

Coach Calhoun will be on Big Mike today.....

Reaction Score
What a great chat....thanks for the heads up
Yeah, that was a really fun listen....

Old Big East days, Northeastern triple OT tourney game vs Nova putting JC on the map & how Kemba & Reggie Lewis were most kindred spirits to JC of all his players....some of highlights.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Completely agree with Calhoun on the game moving too much to a dribble-dribble-dribble-dribble-throw up a three offensive mentality. Very little skill is involved there.

Reaction Score
"Just need to buy in...buy in with what we are trying to do", and of course have a guy like Kemba with work ethics where he really enjoys what he is doing, a role model that players gravitate to and want to be on that same page.
We've seen this movie before. How about another sequel.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I just got done listening — if anyone needs me, I’ll be running through a brick wall.

Exactly. I kinda wish I was a Div. 2 / Div. 3 level player or asst. Coach right now.

Reaction Score
JC is the definition of Northeast Basketball, there’s never been a college basketball coach that did it better in the Northeast part of the country...

Greatest ever, Guy is an absolute beast, he’s the definition of a great Northeast basketball coach...

Reaction Score
Completely agree with Calhoun on the game moving too much to a dribble-dribble-dribble-dribble-throw up a three offensive mentality. Very little skill is involved there.
Yet he’s correct when he admits how important the 3 is in todays game. Cited 38% being equal to 50%. If that’s been the case for some time why haven’t we recruited that way?

Reaction Score
JC is the definition of Northeast Basketball, there’s never been a college basketball coach that did it better in the Northeast part of the country...

Greatest ever, Guy is an absolute beast, he’s the definition of a great Northeast basketball coach...
Not sure there is anyone who really ever did it better anywhere.

Reaction Score
"i had a little problem with cancer" Jeezus crist!!! This man has onions the size of beach balls.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
he’s the definition of a great Northeast basketball coach...

He's the definition of a great basketball coach - no boundaries here

Reaction Score
@Hi-Low thanks for posting this I jumped on the steam at work this afternoon and caught the interview. My favorite quote of the entire thing was (I'm paraphrasing I'm sure): "Everybody talks about we, and they're 100% right, we have to win. But I've got to show them why the me benefits so much from the we".

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting the stream. Brought me back to the days Mike (& Chris) would have him on during the post season - Big East tourney and/or NCAA tourney. And wow don’t we all miss the Big East Tourney?? It was always my favorite weekend. I would take the Thursday off from work and go down to NYC and watch both sessions ~ all four games. And be back for the next night for the semis. JC was right. The building was always electric.

As noted in the previous post when Mike mentioned Calhoun, he once again mistook the GTech final game with Duke semi final game in 2004.

And St Joes in West Hartford is division 3. How much a “program”will JC be able to build there?

Either way I am 5 minute walk from the St Joes campus. Can’t wait to see him out there!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom