Coach Auriemma interview with Autumn Johnson for NCAA Digital | The Boneyard

Coach Auriemma interview with Autumn Johnson for NCAA Digital

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Another reporter who seems to forget Anna exists and is a returning starter.... She seems to think only Chrystin and Liv are returning starters....

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Another reporter who seems to forget Anna exists and is a returning starter.... She seems to think only Chrystin and Liv are returning starters....

That is a hindsight I'd like to see her correct!! Anna is very much a part of this team, and will play a HUGE part in what ever success this team achieves this season. We support, acknowledge and promote EVERY player on our team!!! No one should be slighted or forgotten, especially our walk-on Autumn. ;)

Last edited:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
It seems to me that Anna's skillset overlaps quite a bit with those of both Saylor and Caroline Ducharme (between whom I'm unable to distinguish based on what I've seen and heard so far). That means that UConn may have essentially three copies of the same player on next year's roster. That certainly helps if one of them gets into foul trouble, and the other is having a bad shooting night.

I hate to say it, but that might give Anna a motive to go pro early on the other side of the pond.

Reaction Score
That is a hindsight I'd like to see her correct!! Anna is very much a part of this team, and will play a HUGE part in what ever success this team achieves this season. We support, acknowledge and promote EVERY player on our team!!! No one should be slighted or forgotten, especially our walk-on Autumn. ;)
It would be a huge surprise to me, and my guess most on this forum would agree, if Anna isn't a key part of a fast moving passing offense and dropping threes at a high rate from day one, on the 28th, through the final four. Once the first game is in the books and as the season is underway, she along with all her teammate's names will be a constant topic of comment in the wcbb media world.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We often talk about the sophomore jump where a player dramatically lifts her game in her sophomore year. There are a lot of reasons for that phenomena, but I think it is often derived from understanding the college game at its highest level and preparing to play at that level during the off-season. Anna sure seems to fit that scenario, has she worked awfully hard over the off-season and came back looking very fit. Whether or not it lifts her game, we will know soon enough.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom