Clyde V | The Boneyard

Clyde V

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

After this crazy recruiting week, it's apparent that we need Clyde to take care of all this stuff and the rest of us can keep our distance and watch the guys play ball.

Reaction Score
He should have tried to join the UNLV staff then he would still be coaching

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
BY Hooker, BY George!!!!:)

U

UCONNfan1

I always thought Clyde was a terrific recruiter and a really good big man coach. I think he was missed a bit on the national recruiting scene. That's why it made me pause when people were talking about adding Brown to the staff. I don't get the impression Taliek has much of a national presence, but maybe I'm overstating what Vaughn brought to the table (hoops and recruiting wise)... and underestimating what the current staff and Taliek have going on nationally...

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I always thought Clyde was a terrific recruiter and a really good big man coach. I think he was missed a bit on the national recruiting scene. That's why it made me pause when people were talking about adding Brown to the staff. I don't get the impression Taliek has much of a national presence, but maybe I'm overstating what Vaughn brought to the table (hoops and recruiting wise)... and underestimating what the current staff and Taliek have going on nationally...

Leaving Clyde Clive aside, I do wonder about bringing in another ex-Husky PG. It seems like it would be a better idea to hire someone with a proven track record of recruiting nationally, including having broad connections (as opposed to only NYC, for example). NYC is a big deal for UConn, no doubt, but it would be nice to not have to build networks of relationships in recruiting circles from scratch.

C

Chief00

Clyde brought in Bynum and Charlie V from the NYC/NJ area. Of course Bynum went pro. In person Clyde had a physical presence that people noticed. Calhoun. a pretty tough guy himself, had a story he told about going on a recruiting trip with Clyde in a very bad section of Philly. He was respected that way.

Reaction Score
Clyde Vaughn was awesome. Does anyone know what he is doing? He should be given another chance. Hell Spitzer was given a tv show and allowed to run for public office. Even psu is allowed a second chance.

C

Chief00

Scarlet Letter.
Some people in CT are convinced the APR scandal is about Calhoun recruiting poor academic students, when it was really about the University failing to set-up an academic major that atheletes could take and pass without a significant combination of time, effort and ability.
There is a reason why Alabama's Football team has a higher APR than Harvard's. It is not because their players are more talented academically. The University pretends they're Harvard but fails to understand the lesson Alabama teaches us - this helps explain why we are where we are in conference realignment.

Alabama has a couple entire majors tailored to being Football player friendly.

That type of University culture turned a $10 misdemeanor into a life altering event.

Ok - I will duck when the replies come in.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Clyde definitely has served his time.

Look at what Petrino and Pitino have gotten caught doing.

It is easier for a high profile coach with a proven track record to recover than it is for an assistant with unknown value considering the embarrassment the higher may bring to a school.

Liked Clyde as a player at Pitt and I liked how our frontcourt players developed under him here at UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom