Close-to-home Court Advantage Idea | The Boneyard

Close-to-home Court Advantage Idea

Reaction Score
The fan energy at Saturday's games was electric! For tonight's game, what do you all think about expanding the standing clap of the first and third quarters? It could be done at the second and fourth quarters as well, and/or even spontaneously as the responsive "UConn - Huskies" chant is done... Perhaps it would add "hurry up" pressure to the youthful Oregon team, and it would be a special "thanks" during the last game of the season played in Connecticut...

There will be lots of Boneyarders at the game who can spur this support; perhaps UConn Danny, being so visible, could lead...

Reaction Score
Hone court advantage? Tell that to the New York Rangers. They are horrible at home and have the best road record of any NHL team.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
The fan energy at Saturday's games was electric! For tonight's game, what do you all think about expanding the standing clap of the first and third quarters? It could be done at the second and fourth quarters as well, and/or even spontaneously as the responsive "UConn - Huskies" chant is done... Perhaps it would add "hurry up" pressure to the youthful Oregon team, and it would be a special "thanks" during the last game of the season played in Connecticut...

There will be lots of Boneyarders at the game who can spur this support; perhaps UConn Danny, being so visible, could lead...

This is funny, because Saturday I was asking why we don't do it at second and 4th.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
The team tried to start a new tradition for the even quarters, but it apparently didn't take off.

My problem with the hand clap is that I support it at home events, but I do not do it away or at neutral events, unless the section behind me is all UConn. I think it is rude and disrespectful to do it when fans of other teams are behind us, (except at home).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom