Clingan recruiting on UConn Insider Podcast | The Boneyard

Clingan recruiting on UConn Insider Podcast

Reaction Score
I learned a lot from this podcast. 51min with women & men. Evidently the entire women's team was available to the press yesterday as well as the freshmen men. Many interesting points on team dynamics.

re: Donovan Clingan
Sounds like Sean MacFarland has a great relationship with Donovan. Sean was kicking back in RI on Friday and Clingan texted him about his commitment, then again by 8am Donovan had already been texting him when he woke up. Interesting that Donovan parses the UConn commitment as having nothing to do with 'staying close to home' and everything to do with feeling right, feeling like family, etc. Clingan is excited to be on the floor with Sanogo stretching the floor to give Sanogo room to operate!! I was not expecting that expectation!!

re: Alex Karaban that he has been speaking with:
You feel so much more wanted when guys on the team are recruiting you to play with them. It isn't just the coaching staff telling you that they want you and it's a great place. (in another thread, I hadn't realized that Bol-Bowen plays on the Expressions team with Karaban and explains that IG connection).

Highest rated lineups last year by metrics
1. Cole, Gaffney, Bouknight, Whaley, Polley
2. Cole, Martin, Jackson, Sanogo, Whaley
Some stats for these lineups were over 95% nationally but I missed details

Women were meeting on NIL after meeting the press. Expecting Paige to possibly be the biggest winner nationally with this money. Addressing possible jealousy of other players, Evina Westbrook stressed the 'team first' culture and said it just meant Paige was buying the dinners.

I didn't realize 12% of ncaa athletes were International and they are prevented from earning money based on their visas. Disappointing for Alliyah Edwards, Nika Muhl, and our new Ohio State transfer I don't want to mess up her name Dorka?

A great deal more tidbits, and insights to interpersonal relationships and personalities in this podcast.
Mentioned Nika Muhl was like listening to a 30 min standup act. Mentioned Chrystn Williams intended to be a 'killer' this year and discussed Olivia's embarrassment vs AZ.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom