Clingan, Newton Earn Big East Honors | The Boneyard

Clingan, Newton Earn Big East Honors

Reaction Score
1669655849848.png

Reaction Score
Honestly Tristen should have won MVP but whatever, it is extremely cool for DC.
Agree. Tristen gets it all done, just not in flashy way. How amped must Clingan be to get that in his first tournament. BTW, Clingan averaged 16 minutes a game and won MVP.

Reaction Score
Honestly Tristen should have won MVP but whatever, it is extremely cool for DC.
Nah, he was awesome in the Oregon game, scored well in the Bama game but only had 1 assist. He hit big buckets last night but 8 turnovers.

Clingan deserved it. He's dominating games in limited minutes.

Reaction Score
8 TOs last night is kind of a lot.

It's definitely a lot, but given that they had not seen a defense remotely like that in terms of traps, aggression, etc. prior to last night, I'm more impressed that they were able to bludgeon that team to an 18 point margin than I am #concerned about the turnovers.

Reaction Score
4 points in 11 minutes in our “competitive” game. Nah. It’s tough, we are so deep that most of our best players had at least 1 no show.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It's definitely a lot, but given that they had not seen a defense remotely like that in terms of traps, aggression, etc. prior to last night, I'm more impressed that they were able to bludgeon that team to an 18 point margin than I am #concerned about the turnovers.

Oh I agree. And he's been very good. I was just talking about his "candidacy" for the award.

Reaction Score
I know the distinction doesn’t make much sense, but I think Newton was the most valuable player for us, whereas Clingan was the most impactful.

Newton seemed to always be there at the most critical moments with a big 3, getting to the foul line, slowing the game down. The outcomes may not have changed, but certainly would have been much closer without him.

Clingan was a wrecking ball on both ends in his limited minutes. So impactful and helped key big runs for us. But not yet someone we would turn to at a critical juncture and say “go win us this game”.

Either way we are extremely lucky to have both!

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
8 TOs last night is kind of a lot.
He was doubled and pressured like crazy, I honestly have no problem with the # of turnovers last night. It does show the team needs a bit more practice at breaking the trap though - even DC got hung up once.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom