Clingan homegrown and Love it | The Boneyard

Clingan homegrown and Love it

Reaction Score

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Love that we got a CT kid along for the ride this year. Especially this kid. I read an article last year in the HC that mentioned he was out there shoveling snow last winter for a few extra bucks. He stayed at his hometown HS when he could have gone anywhere. Love it.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Hey May go down as the favorite husky for many UConn fans when his time in Storrs is done, between the wins he will rack-up, his awesome personality, incredible skill set and of course being the “hometown hero”.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Hubby and I were watching game last night on tape delay and we rewound parts to see some of DC's moves and he was amazed that he's only a frosh, yada yada, takes big men a few years to develop. Very impressive.

And, on edit, did I hear the announcers correctly - said that DC dropped 40 lbs (!!!) by the time he got to campus?

Reaction Score
Hubby and I were watching game last night on tape delay and we rewound parts to see some of DC's moves and he was amazed that he's only a frosh, yada yada, takes big men a few years to develop. Very impressive.

And, on edit, did I hear the announcers correctly - said that DC dropped 40 lbs (!!!) by the time he got to campus?

He dropped it when he got to campus. The S&C coach worked closely with him.

Reaction Score
Clingan is a very solid 265. Think of him with even more muscle in the future working with our S&C coach. Yikes.

Reaction Score

Yes. Was told it was 30 prior to getting on campus then the final 10 once he got on campus. Just shows his incredible work ethic to be able to lose that much on his own.

Reaction Score
It shows what an impact having him had on Bristol Central. Win a state championship with him, lose by 34 without him.... It's hard to lose by 34 in CT high school Boys Basketball.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
In a different thread, I suggested that Clingan needs to gain some weight. I didn't realize he lost 30+ lbs. since last winter. I rescind that opinion and will trust DC, Hurley, and the training staff to find his ideal playing weight.

Still think he needs to display an ability to hit the 8-15 footer in games. Duncan/Garnett skill with Shaq like size would be unstoppable.

Reaction Score
Weight is fine, its his strength that needs to improve. With his work ethic, that isn't going to be a problem. We will be talking about this lad for a long, long time. Funny, I don't hear all of those couch coach's complaining about DC coaching ability anymore. Winning cures all your problems. This my friends is going to be a very enjoyable year to watch our men play.

Reaction Score
He dropped it when he got to campus. The S&C coach worked closely with him.
He started shedding weight before he got on campus. Hurley has continually stressed how much work Clingan did before he even got to school.

Reaction Score
Weight is fine, its his strength that needs to improve. With his work ethic, that isn't going to be a problem. We will be talking about this lad for a long, long time. Funny, I don't hear all of those couch coach's complaining about DC coaching ability anymore. Winning cures all your problems. This my friends is going to be a very enjoyable year to watch our men play.
His strength and conditioning will continue to improve but I haven't witnessed many plays where Donovan has been out muscled.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom