Clingan FT Shooting | The Boneyard

Clingan FT Shooting

Reaction Score
Currently shooting 50% from the stripe.
He’s so close to being great at free throws
Always hits back of rim.. always.
Easy fix seems to be have him step back a bit.
Adama shooting 76.6% on FT was key last year.

Reaction Score
until he improves, the opponent approach will be "dingin' a clingan"....fortunately today the one doing the fouling was the only one providing any offense for indiana

DC also needs to be stronger with the ball. too many rebounds and passes funmbled out of bounds.

Reaction Score
it's crazy, i remember watching him play at wilbur cross in high school. he probably shot 20 free throws and i don't remember him missing very many. has he always been this inconsistent?

Reaction Score
If he was 6’6 he’d be an 80% shooter. Form looks almost perfect. Unfortunately he dips his body before going up (which is good mechanics), and I feel like he’s just too tall to do that so his misses end up long

Hack a Clingan would be a good strategy for the opposing team, but Newton is also so good at drawing fouls and there’s only so many fouls a team can give. I think he’ll get better with time

Reaction Score
Clingan plays with emotion which I Like but needs to keep that in check to. He was swinging his elbows around a bit today and had he caught someone by accident would have been a bad look and more than likely, a flagrant foul.

Reaction Score
Pregame vs So. Miss St he was camped at the line. Consistently made 2 out of 3. In game, not close to that. Fatigue maybe? Its a swish or a miss with DC right now.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I know they practice this, but it really isn’t as easy as some make it look to be running up and down and stop to shoot foul shots. Have to have the range immediately

Reaction Score
Yes absolutely. He also has no routine. Sometimes 3 dribbles sometimes a spin sometimes one dribble sometimes two. My advice would be one dribble
I may be wrong, but every time ive noticed, he goes 2 dribbles, breath, 1 dribble, shot. Same routine every time.
I havent noticed any other routine, but maybe he changes it after a few misses ???

caw

Reaction Score
On the plus side the other four starters came into today 45 / 51 (Karaban, Newton, Cam and Castle not Ball) and went 15 / 17 today. So 60 / 68 for 88%.

Ball is 4 / 6 on the year.

Reaction Score
I kind of think DC is amped up for the first shot. It’s always long off the back rim and he calms down for the second shot. Needs to slow down the first one.

Reaction Score
Currently shooting 50% from the stripe.
He’s so close to being great at free throws
Always hits back of rim.. always.
Easy fix seems to be have him step back a bit.
Adama shooting 76.6% on FT was key last year.
His freethrows werent horrible today but i thought he played pretty bad today especially in the first half. Some bad fouls, looking lost at times and missing passes that shouldve been easy baskets. Not DCs best moment. Hope he redeems himself tomorrow night.

Reaction Score
His freethrows werent horrible today but i thought he played pretty bad today especially in the first half. Some bad fouls, looking lost at times and missing passes that shouldve been easy baskets. Not DCs best moment. Hope he redeems himself tomorrow night.
He only had 1 foul all game and held Ware to 2-10 from the field, his only baskets were the two threes. I agree he didn't do much on offense but he took away the rim like he always does with his defense.

Reaction Score
He only had 1 foul all game and held Ware to 2-10 from the field, his only baskets were the two threes. I agree he didn't do much on offense but he took away the rim like he always does with his defense.
Yes and it shows just how good he is and can be. He did not have ANYWHERE near a good game and still did good things. I think hes shaking off the rust a bit and of course getting back in game shape and i believe he will.

Reaction Score
Last game this year we want to see DC get oly 3 FGA. We really want him 10-12. Not worried about FTs good form prob 60%
Dunk everything he can forget the soft lay up youre a shaq!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yes and it shows just how good he is and can be. He did not have ANYWHERE near a good game and still did good things. I think hes shaking off the rust a bit and of course getting back in game shape and i believe he will.
Don’t dig your heels in on this take. He had a good game.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
His facial expression shows a lot of frustration. Like he is pressing. He'll figure it out. We have a great staff and it looks like we have a lot of weapons besides him. Focus on good D and the offense will come around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom