Cling Putting Up Numbers | The Boneyard

Cling Putting Up Numbers

Reaction Score
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF

Go Donovan, he just absorbs everything.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
And this guy was labeled a project coming out of high school. In less than three years he is a difference maker (albeit pre season) in the NBA.

I have had a lot of favorite UConn players. Joey Whelton, Tony Hansen, uncle Cliff, Corny, Nadav, El-Amin, Kemba and Shabazz……. and I probably left a few off because there have been a lot. If you asked me before DC showed up I would probably of given a different answer every time. Now DC is at the top of the list.

Not only because we won 2 chips with him and although that is a big part of it, I think what puts it over the top is that before he played for us he was clearly someone who if he was not a 7’2” player, he would be posting on this board as a fan. I huge fan more than casual fan. It going to take a lot to supplant him from #1 in my long list of favorite UConn players.

Reaction Score
Donovan is going to be really good and if he stays healthy he has a chance to be special in the NBA.

I've already said I think he has future defensive player of the year ability (multiple times) but he's going to be much more than just a great defensive player. He's a sponge and his intangibles and passing/vision are already unique. We're going to see right away that the team is going to pretty much always be better when he's on the court which is rare for a rookie big man. He needs refinement on his low post scoring and will need to develop a go to move or two but the three point shot is already a real thing.

At first I didn't like Portland drafting him and I still have no clue if Chauncey will be the guy coaching him but from what I've learned that organization has been scouting him heavily since the beginning of his freshman year and even got tipped off about him when he was in high school and took a special interest in him. They were with the program for 2 or 3 days all just to take in the practices and spend time with Donovan off the court. They seem to realize he could be special and he's just scratching the surface on what he can be.

Reaction Score
Now DC is at the top of the list.

Not only because we won 2 chips with him and although that is a big part of it, I think what puts it over the top is that before he played for us he was clearly someone who if he was not a 7’2” player, he would be posting on this board as a fan. I huge fan more than casual fan. It going to take a lot to supplant him from #1 in my long list of favorite UConn players.

Also, the story of what basketball has meant to him in his life and the bond he had through it with his late mother throws in another angle.

He has the possibility and I think he will fulfill the idea that even just a few years from now Hurley & staff can say look at what he became, but even importantly look at who he is as a human being with that success. Like so many, I wish nothing but the very best for the young man.

Reaction Score
Couldn’t agree more - if I’m Cling I make it a priority to invest in my health and fitness TB12 style for the duration of his career. Find ways to keep the weight down, stay pliable and elastic. That’s a lot of man to maintain, and a lot of room for error. I’m sure Wemby is putting a lot of emphasis on this as well.

One significant injury could derail a career at that size and just linger. Look at Embid. I think if he stays healthy, he’s going to be a special kind of player. He’s different.

I was pretty surprised teams were willing to take some of the euros and Holland based on potential over him. Redraft top 3 any assortment of Sheppard, Castle and Cling. Have seen things in Dillingham that have also stood out, and differnt. I really haven’t seen much in Sarr or Risa to warrant top two picks, even with potential in mind.

Reaction Score
Donovan is going to be really good and if he stays healthy he has a chance to be special in the NBA.

I've already said I think he has future defensive player of the year ability (multiple times) but he's going to be much more than just a great defensive player. He's a sponge and his intangibles and passing/vision are already unique. We're going to see right away that the team is going to pretty much always be better when he's on the court which is rare for a rookie big man. He needs refinement on his low post scoring and will need to develop a go to move or two but the three point shot is already a real thing.

At first I didn't like Portland drafting him and I still have no clue if Chauncey will be the guy coaching him but from what I've learned that organization has been scouting him heavily since the beginning of his freshman year and even got tipped off about him when he was in high school and took a special interest in him. They were with the program for 2 or 3 days all just to take in the practices and spend time with Donovan off the court. They seem to realize he could be special and he's just scratching the surface on what he can be.

How cool it would be that Clingan and Castle will share ROTY at end of season!

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Loving the highlights. He looks like a damned force!!

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
20 rebounds is ridiculous
10 offensive, 10 defensive, to go along with his 14 points. Someone one on Blazers edge argued he should be given a triple double

Reaction Score

Mike Schmitz, the assistant GM, has been high on him since he was still working for DraftExpress/ESPN

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom