Cleveland | The Boneyard

Cleveland

Reaction Score
Hey all...

Doing a quick getaway next month to go see the RnR HOF. Anywhere else in Cleveland worth seeing/eating, etc.?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hey all...

Doing a quick getaway next month to go see the RnR HOF. Anywhere else in Cleveland worth seeing/eating, etc.?
Can't really say there's all that much else to "see" besides West Side Market, although the football HoF is just a hour south in Canton. But there's a lot of good food to be had. Better than Pittsburgh in that regard.

Unfortunately, my favorite, Lola, got taken out by the pandemic, but what's neat about Cleveland is there are several really good places that are also markets, like Astoria Cafe, and plenty of stuff in West Side Market, which has a good beer garden outside. Larder is really good and different Jewish deli. While it's not a deep roster of ethnic, there's a star in almost any category you can think of, like Mabel's BBQ, Momocho (Mexican), Il Rione (pizza), Ginko (sushi), and even decent bagels (Cleveland Bagel Co.). There's solid Turkish, Chinese, Ethiopian, Vietnamese, Eastern Euro... almost all the bases covered, which is impressive for a city of this size.

If there were more to actually "do" up there, I'd be spending more weekends in Cleveland just for the food as it's a quick 2-hour drive.

As a side note, Cleveland also attracts more big music acts than Pittsburgh does, so I might check a music calendar and see what's going on while you're there.

Reaction Score
Can't really say there's all that much else to "see" besides West Side Market, although the football HoF is just a hour south in Canton. But there's a lot of good food to be had. Better than Pittsburgh in that regard.

Unfortunately, my favorite, Lola, got taken out by the pandemic, but what's neat about Cleveland is there are several really good places that are also markets, like Astoria Cafe, and plenty of stuff in West Side Market, which has a good beer garden outside. Larder is really good and different Jewish deli. While it's not a deep roster of ethnic, there's a star in almost any category you can think of, like Mabel's BBQ, Momocho (Mexican), Il Rione (pizza), Ginko (sushi), and even decent bagels (Cleveland Bagel Co.). There's solid Turkish, Chinese, Ethiopian, Vietnamese, Eastern Euro... almost all the bases covered, which is impressive for a city of this size.

If there were more to actually "do" up there, I'd be spending more weekends in Cleveland just for the food as it's a quick 2-hour drive.

As a side note, Cleveland also attracts more big music acts than Pittsburgh does, so I might check a music calendar and see what's going on while you're there.

Thanks for all the info! I was excited to try Lola and it seems that a lot of the well known restaurants on 4th street and elsewhere did not survive. New stuff is in, but even the locals I've spoken to are unsure. One thing that slightly sucks, in retrospect, is that I will be there Sunday-Monday and it seems a great many restaurants are closed Sunday night.

Reaction Score
Thanks for all the info! I was excited to try Lola and it seems that a lot of the well known restaurants on 4th street and elsewhere did not survive. New stuff is in, but even the locals I've spoken to are unsure. One thing that slightly sucks, in retrospect, is that I will be there Sunday-Monday and it seems a great many restaurants are closed Sunday night.
Doesn't Mychael Symon have a couple other spots in Cleveland other than Lola? Bummed to hear that didn't make it through COVID, I had an absolutely phenomenal meal there a few years ago. Beef marrow, beef cheek pierogies, maple bacon ice cream for dessert. Everything was an A+.

Reaction Score
Doesn't Mychael Symon have a couple other spots in Cleveland other than Lola? Bummed to hear that didn't make it through COVID, I had an absolutely phenomenal meal there a few years ago. Beef marrow, beef cheek pierogies, maple bacon ice cream for dessert. Everything was an A+.

All that's left is Mabel's BBQ which is, of course, closed on Sunday when I'm there. He does a Bar Symon in the airport as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom