OT - Clemson OC Chad Morris to SMU? | The Boneyard

OT - Clemson OC Chad Morris to SMU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ChipBrownHD10:08pm via TweetDeck
A high-level #SMU source told me #ClemsonOC Chad Morris has agreed to a multi-year contract averaging more than $3 million per year.

FootballScoop10:12pm via TweetDeck
Can confirm that Chad Morris left Clemson after practice today (3pm). Folks believe he has accepted head job at SMUfootballscoop.com/the-scoop/

ChipBrownHD10:13pm via TweetDeck
An announcement of Chad Morris as #SMU's new head coach likely the first week of December, SMU source told me.

tOSU OC Tom Herman rumored to have been finalist too...

Reaction Score
@DanWolken: For what it's worth, SMU AD Rick Hart tells me they don't have a deal with anyone yet.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Clemson's offense hasn't looked so hot this year. This guy used to be the flavor of the month before but not so sure anymore.

Reaction Score
If you know anything about Clemson's QB situation you would understand why they have looked terrible on offense. Cole Stoudt isn't a division 1 Qb they brought in a Freshman against FSU and looked pretty decent this yr up until he hurt his hand then the first game back he hirt his knee in the 1st quarter. Morris will be a good hire for them if all this is true.

Reaction Score
If you know anything about Clemson's QB situation you would understand why they have looked terrible on offense. Cole Stoudt isn't a division 1 Qb they brought in a Freshman against FSU and looked pretty decent this yr up until he hurt his hand then the first game back he hirt his knee in the 1st quarter. Morris will be a good hire for them if all this is true.

ChipBrownHD10:27pm via TweetDeck
#SMU wanted offensive-minded coach w/ strong recruiting ties in Texas. Morris, a 16-year Texas HS coach, won 2 state titles at Lake Travis.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
As much as I don't want to be in the aac it's fairly impressive the commitment the schools in the conference have made to hiring coaches/scheduling since it formed

Reaction Score
As much as I don't want to be in th,e aac it's fairly impressive the commitment the schools in the conference have made to hiring coaches/scheduling since it formed

Yup, the CUSA schools have used the bump up to the AAC as a springboard to improve themselves and it is working in both football and basketball. There has really been a huge commitment to facilities and coaching.

Put another way, if the CUSA schools added to the AAC were stocks, they would have all made huge jumps in the last 4 years and in spite of all the self loathing on this board even UCONN would be up the last 3 years given the money put into facilities, the growth of Hockey, the success of Ollie and the basketball championships, and the push to AAU status.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
SMU beating Houston so far today. Hopefully Houston will be changing their head coach too, Levine has disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom