Clause in BE bylaws for football schools to split off from hoops schools | The Boneyard

Clause in BE bylaws for football schools to split off from hoops schools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Unless I am mistaken one of the things to come out of the first ACC raid of the BE was a clause inserted into the bE bylaws that allows the football schools to split from the hoops schools without any penalty. The hoops schools will retain the BE name and with that the BCS qualifier so you can see why football schools never really wanted to take this route. But now that they can merge with the Big 12 schools that are left over and use the Big 12 BCS auto qualifier it is a different story. What I want to know is this...if out if this meeting the football schools decide to exercise their out clause and inform the hoops school presidents at the upcoming Oct 2 meeting it would be interesting to see if they all leave together (Pitt & Cuse included) or if the remaining football schools leave them to the wolves. If this split does happen keep an eye on ND...they want olympic sports connected to a BCS conference to use their bowl tie-in's like they do with the BE right now. It is VERY telling that Swarbick the ND AD is not being included in football school meetings when ND has always rubber stamped what that side if the BE wanted.
My opinion on Oct 2 the football schools exercise their out clause and merge with remaining Big 12 schools...ND is forced into making a move and surprises everyone by going to the ACC with either UConn or Rutgers with the other school going to the B-10. I think ND thinks in the ACC they have a better shot of getting a BCS bid than in the B-10, and it is a better league for their olympic sports, especially hoops.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I believe that the football members can leave now (they should easily get Pitt and Cuse to agree, especially if it lessens the time they need to wait to join their new conference) and then all NCAA credits and departure fees that any departing member would leave behind would then go to the successor conference (those who don't land somewhere). This could be very beneficial if the entire football membership ends up (between the ACC and B-12) in a legitimate home sa leaving in piecemail would do nothing beyond leaving a pile of cash (in departure fees and tournament credits) to the catholic membership.

Reaction Score
I'm curious what makes you think that if ND and either UConn or RU goes to the ACC, that the other (out of UConn and RU) would get an invite to the B10? Without ND involved I would be very surprised if either UConn or RU was invited to the B10. I hope you're right, just not sure I see it.

Reaction Score
Plus I think it would be the ultimate F....You to Marinatto and Providence!

Reaction Score
I'm curious what makes you think that if ND and either UConn or RU goes to the ACC, that the other (out of UConn and RU) would get an invite to the B10? Without ND involved I would be very surprised if either UConn or RU was invited to the B10. I hope you're right, just not sure I see it.

Just because of the quotes by Herbst and Malloy in Neill Ostrout's story today. It will give them a presence in the northeast outside of PSU.

Reaction Score
The hoops schools would NOT retain a BCS qualifier, that belongs to the football schools. If you meant that they would retain the NCAA hoops autoqualifier, that's a different story. Both divisions would get one in a schism because they had competed together as a conference for 5 years before a split.

Reaction Score
The hoops schools would NOT retain a BCS qualifier, that belongs to the football schools. If you meant that they would retain the NCAA hoops autoqualifier, that's a different story. Both divisions would get one in a schism because they had competed together as a conference for 5 years before a split.
Cap I thought the BCS qualifier stayed with the BE in the split?

Reaction Score
Cap I thought the BCS qualifier stayed with the BE in the split?
No, they don't play football. The BCS qualifier is property of the Big East Football Conference membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom