Classic Muntz | The Boneyard

Classic Muntz

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
To help explain the psychology 3 months later (and for entertainment purposes)....

Nelson was right about everything but money ....it could be worse. A lot worse.

11/19/2012
Here is the worst case scenario:​
Boise, SDSU, Houston, SMU, UCF, Memphis, USF, Temple, UConn huddle up, decide to be the best of the rest, add New Mexico, Fresno, Nevada, ECU, UMass.​
West: Boise, SDSU, Houston, SMU, New Mexico, Fresno, Nevada or UNLV​
East: UConn, UMass, ECU, Memphis, USF, UCF, Temple​
All sports league with tons of travel, almost no drivable games, 4 bid league for hoops, and $5MM/school TV contract.​
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
11/14/2012​
I think the low end is the realistic number. $10MM seems to be the floor, and $15MM seems to be the ceiling, although schools with valuable Tier 3 rights could do better.​
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
11/14/2012​
I am sure that the estimate is average per team for all three tiers. The main football contract may only be $8 or 9 million per school, with another $3 or 4 for basketball, and the balance coming from different schools' Tier 3 deals. The ACC contract is all in I believe. ESPN owns the ACC's Tier 3.​

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
So what you're saying is...he was overly positive in his predictions?

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
So what you're saying is...he was overly positive in his predictions?

A Classic Manic Depressive state. Bi-Polar extremes. Suicide watch. Maybe a cage like his Hanibal avatar.

Reaction Score
Whackjob. Has a poster of Rachel Maddow in his room.

Actually it's Maddow on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays and then he replaces it with Glenn Beck on the other days.

All the while he flips back and forth from Chris Matthews and Bill O'reilly on the TV screaming at them that Keith Olberman owns them both.

Reaction Score
You just need to read him in the cesspool to realize he is delusional......

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I didn't expect The Big East to pick ECU and Tulane over a bunch of high quality MWC programs that wanted in. I will be the first to admit I didn't get that one right. Pretty sure no one else did either.

I will also admit that even with the current composition I thought we would get $6MM+ a school based on what the C7 is getting.

Jack and Zoo are idiots.

Reaction Score
Time will tell who the idiot is, both in CR and politically.....

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
nelson was parroting whatever the WVU knuckleheads said. In another thread recently he sagely dispenses his wisdom that Texas wants the Big 12 to stay at 10 and the conference will never add FSU and Clemson. And yet for months he went on and on how those two joining the Big 12 was inevitable. It's nelson's MO: throw spit against the wall and see what sticks. He cleans up what doesn't stick, throws the exact opposite against the wall and if THAT sticks, he claims he's been saying THAT all along.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
nelson was parroting whatever the WVU knuckleheads said. In another thread recently he sagely dispenses his wisdom that Texas wants the Big 12 to stay at 10 and the conference will never add FSU and Clemson. And yet for months he went on and on how those two joining the Big 12 was inevitable. It's nelson's MO: throw spit against the wall and see what sticks. He cleans up what doesn't stick, throws the exact opposite against the wall and if THAT sticks, he claims he's been saying THAT all along.

Another poster who has no opinion of his own but likes to attack other posters for theirs'. Next.

Reaction Score
Another poster who has no opinion of his own but likes to attack other posters for theirs'. Next.
how about a poster for the nth time post some thing overly negative and draconian to get attention...
Next.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If you think I am negative, read Fishy. I am sunshine and puppy dogs by comparison.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

Really? Because I've posted a lot of my opinions regarding CR. That is where you differ from not just me, but a lot of us. We post our opinions as just that: opinions. You post your opinions as if they are divinely inspired fact. You try to present yourself as someone who is somehow both more intelligent and better informed. You're not. Stop pretending to be. It's shallow and all to transparent to everyone, except of course, to you.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Really? Because I've posted a lot of my opinions regarding CR. That is where you differ from not just me, but a lot of us. We post our opinions as just that: opinions. You post your opinions as if they are divinely inspired fact. You try to present yourself as someone who is somehow both more intelligent and better informed. You're not. Stop pretending to be. It's shallow and all to transparent to everyone, except of course, to you.

You left off playing both sides of the fence and consistently wrong. For example - UConn should drop football and is high on the Big 10 list. FSU and Clemson to the Big 12 and such.

Reaction Score
You're a living fallacy machine. A pathological liar.

I didn't expect The Big East to pick ECU and Tulane over a bunch of high quality MWC programs that wanted in. I will be the first to admit I didn't get that one right. Pretty sure no one else did either.

I will also admit that even with the current composition I thought we would get $6MM+ a school based on what the C7 is getting.

Jack and Zoo are idiots.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You left off playing both sides of the fence and consistently wrong. For example - UConn should drop football and is high on the Big 10 list. FSU and Clemson to the Big 12 and such.

UConn's basketball program would make more in the C7 than UConn's football AND basketball program will make in the Big East. Math is hard.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UConn's basketball program would make more in the C7 than UConn's football AND basketball program will make in the Big East. Math is hard.

Yes for 2 years then both would be done. Seeing past 2015 is hard.

Reaction Score

You say this as if the C7 is actually a real option.

Newsflash, we're not mothballing the football program so that we can keep playing DePaul.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You say this as if the C7 is actually a real option.

Newsflash, we're not mothballing the football program so that we can keep playing DePaul.

The funny thing about the pro-C7 crowd is they don't even get that the C7 doesn't even want them. They got their money without UConn.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The funny thing about the pro-C7 crowd is they don't even get that the C7 doesn't even want them. They got their money without UConn.

This is a classic Whaler series of posts, attacking me for being too negative by pointing out I am being too positive.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is a classic Whaler series of posts, attacking me for being too negative by pointing out I am being too positive.

Yes you are super positive. Continuing to sponsor football will sink the entire university. I mean who can't get behind that sentiment.

Yes every twentieth post you mix in something ridiculously positive that is just as inaccurate as your negative posts. I'm sorry that the world exists in the gray between your black and white.

Of course I'm giving you credit for being positive when you think you save the basketball program by murdering the football program - so clearly I'm being generous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom